Scorch mark on skirting board from pipe | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Scorch mark on skirting board from pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

I can only presume from the skirting board. The boiler itself looks fine and was only installed in 2017 and it has been serviced last year and this year. I have put some Kooltherm between the pipe and wall so the pipe is a little bit further away from the skirting board now. I've also turned the temperature gauge down from 70 degrees to 30. It's goes from 20 degrees to 80 according to the manual so I think having it that high for two years hasn't helped. The Kooltherm and turning it down should do the trick. I will still keep an eye on it though.
If hot water pipes could cause wood to combust then every home would be burnt down
centralheatking

Similar plumbing topics

J
Soil pipe is 110mm in uk, geberit etc do make...
Replies
Views
  • Question
How did you go about heating the extension in...
Replies
Views
Why do folk get obsessed with hiding pipes...
Replies
Views
Providing there is a finned seal and the...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
G
Need to remove the boxing could be a bad boss...
Replies
Views
Back