service engineer £30-32k | Find Local Gas Engineers - Post a Job | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss service engineer £30-32k in the Find Local Gas Engineers - Post a Job area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm with the others, £32k wouldn't tempt me back in to employment.

Office politics, useless colleagues, greedy bosses, over worked, under appreciated, irate customers, fixed rate repairs, getting grief for ordering expensive parts, flat out on repairs in the winter and stupid amount of repetitive servicing in the summer. NO THANKYOU!!

I'm honestly happier being SE than I ever have been working for someone else. Even if I barely break even, it would take a lot of money for me to have to put up with all the grief of being employed by a busy company again!

if you are making your boss four times what you are making a day why on earth would you not go SE?

p.s. is it mainly breakdowns you do? Im looking to try to gain more competence at breakdowns but the company i work for doesnt do that type of work. Is there any other way of getting into breakdowns other than serving an apprenticeship as a service/repair engineer? i served my time as a commercial pipefitter, am now domestic gs registered, have been on a few fault finding courses but still can not really diagnose a boiler fault on my own.

I did work for myself for a bit I was too trusting 8 years ago and got taken for a ride by a builder took me for a bit of money I ended up having to go bankrupt only got another year left to go. I will go SE again but at the moment I cant afford and am unable to go SE. Back then though I wasnt great at breakdowns (Still not perfect now but who is) so I know I would do okay for myself now and having been taken for a ride I learnt not to trust people when it comes to money.

Yes all I do is service and breakdowns (Mainly breakdowns) It is trying to find a company that will take you on and help you through the first few months while you find your feet. My company are terrible for this they hire someone knowing they can only service not fault find send them out to breakdowns and sack them in a short time for not being able to carry out breakdowns.

I'm with the others, £32k wouldn't tempt me back in to employment.

Office politics, useless colleagues, greedy bosses, over worked, under appreciated, irate customers, fixed rate repairs, getting grief for ordering expensive parts, flat out on repairs in the winter and stupid amount of repetitive servicing in the summer. NO THANKYOU!!

I'm honestly happier being SE than I ever have been working for someone else. Even if I barely break even, it would take a lot of money for me to have to put up with all the grief of being employed by a busy company again!

I agree with what your saying the office staff get treated better than the engineers they seem to employ a load of numpties and all the trouble comes back on me. They want me to work 24 hours a day 7 days a week wouldnt even give us some of the beers 1 of our suppliers gave them for us for christmas etc etc But needs must and all that and I would rather work for a company than not work until I get to the point that I can go and work for my self.

Not based in South Wales are you? Sounds suspiciously like the company I used to work for!

It'll take some very dire circumstances for me to work for a firm like that again, I was suffering badly with work related stress and depression because of it! When you're that low, money has no value at all, you can't put a price on happiness and a sound mind!

No Gloucestershire The doctor wants to sign me off with work related stress as well I told him you can do that and I will be back with money related and homeless stress. So I am looking to change firms at the moment but most companies are the same its only if you get in with a small family run business that things seem different but the money is never the same.

If things are that bad there, start making notes, including times and dates of everything that is said or done to you that is out of order, if things do ever become legal, you'll need this to fight your case. I've been there and I know how bad it is! I handed in my notice without a job to go to 7 Months ago, I went self employed and luckily its gone quite well for me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Hi there, I am currently in the forces...
Replies
Views
You'd have to have gas meter removed if you...
Replies
Views
M
Based on the information in post #1, my guess...
Replies
Views
E
It sounds like that needs to be sealed from...
Replies
Views
  • Question
You might find it just needs a bit of use
Replies
Views
Back