Shock to the system :-( | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Shock to the system :-( in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

villa_tom

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
I've been contracting for the last couple of year and been getting home around 3 everyday and having the weekends all to myself.

As I'm looking at buying a house I've been to see a mortgage advisor etc and I can get to mortgage I need but I'm 11k short on my deposit. So I called the manager last week and asked for more work including weekends.

So as of tomorrow, I'm on 10/12 jobs a day, probably finishing at 6. And have half days booked in on Saturdays for the next 6 months.

Im probably going to be dead come February as I won't have worked this hard since I was on the cards. But it will be worth it in the end if the outcome is a property :)

It'll be tough for the first couple of weeks then you'll kick into auto pilot. Used to do shifts through the week and the 5.30 to 5.30 saturday and sunday, weeks on end with no day off.

Worth it in the end though :)

Good Luck with that Tom, Hope they stick to their side of the bargain and it last for you.

I've been contracting for the last couple of year and been getting home around 3 everyday and having the weekends all to myself.

As I'm looking at buying a house I've been to see a mortgage advisor etc and I can get to mortgage I need but I'm 11k short on my deposit. So I called the manager last week and asked for more work including weekends.

So as of tomorrow, I'm on 10/12 jobs a day, probably finishing at 6. And have half days booked in on Saturdays for the next 6 months.

Im probably going to be dead come February as I won't have worked this hard since I was on the cards. But it will be worth it in the end if the outcome is a property :)

Pmsl!! :ciappa:

It'll be tough for the first couple of weeks then you'll kick into auto pilot. Used to do shifts through the week and the 5.30 to 5.30 saturday and sunday, weeks on end with no day off.

Worth it in the end though :)

Itll definitely be worth it. Not 100% on the house yet though. I can get the mortgage as long as I have 20% of the value as a deposit which is nearly 40k. It's a new build and will be ready in may, but paperwork etc needs to be completed April. I've got all my mortgage accepted on the basis I have the deposit and I turn over 35k after expenses his year.

As I have to out a 5k deposit on the house by march to secure it, I think I may be better off playing the waiting game and not depositing anything until I have this years accounts and I have the full deposit. I may lose the house to someone else, but if I broke my arm or something and could secure the deposit etc I'd lose 5k.

Ive got some big decisions to make the next few weeks, but I am a great believer that everything happens for a reason. And If dont get this house ill be gutted to be honest as its the last phase of the development. But it's not the only house in the world.

Good Luck with that Tom, Hope they stick to their side of the bargain and it last for you.

They should do mate. There real busy at the moment and have been asking me to do extra work for ages. But at the time, I hasn't viewed properties and thought my deposit would be enough but it wasn't.

I will spend most of my afternoon hiding in the van eating a chocolate orange and having a sleep. Don't over do it Tom!

Choclate orange mmmmmmmm :)

i won't over do it mate. I never do. 10/12 jobs a day seems a lot but, but as you know some jobs take five mins.

I had a job on Friday that came through as a no heat. Got there and the rads where on. Turns out to be only the rad in the bedroom not working. I fit a TRV head, and away I went. I know all my jobs won't be like that, but I know atleast 2 a day will, from experience.

In a wierd kind of way I'm looking forward to it, and like Simon said, after a few weeks it will feel normal.

All my works local so I know even if I finish at 6 ill be home by quarter past at the latest.

After six months of proper work I wouldn't have thought you would need a mortgage. ;)

Good luck Tom nlce to see enthusiasm in a young person hope you get what you want...regards turnpin

Good luck Tom nlce to see enthusiasm in a young person hope you get what you want...regards turnpin

Thanks mate. Ill get there in the end, may have not been the route I'd wish to have taken but the day I get back to my own home, stick the kettle on and have a cuppa after work, I know it'll all be worth it :)

Itll definitely be worth it. Not 100% on the house yet though. I can get the mortgage as long as I have 20% of the value as a deposit which is nearly 40k. It's a new build and will be ready in may, but paperwork etc needs to be completed April. I've got all my mortgage accepted on the basis I have the deposit and I turn over 35k after expenses his year.

As I have to out a 5k deposit on the house by march to secure it, I think I may be better off playing the waiting game and not depositing anything until I have this years accounts and I have the full deposit. I may lose the house to someone else, but if I broke my arm or something and could secure the deposit etc I'd lose 5k.

Ive got some big decisions to make the next few weeks, but I am a great believer that everything happens for a reason. And If dont get this house ill be gutted to be honest as its the last phase of the development. But it's not the only house in the world.

Buyers market at the minute, not much moving round our way and a lot of the new developments are on hold. Spent two years going through all the motions and overcoming all the objections and all of a sudden they're mothballed as they don't think enough will sell.

Try and give yourself more time with them before you have to shell anything out, I'm sure they'll be keen.

30k deposit! Where do u live ?

30k at the moment. It needs to be nearly 40k which is 20% of the value of the house.
I live in birmingham with my mom and dad at the minute, I'm staying inBirmingham when I move though.

I know their money is as good as anyone's. it used to be mine :)

If our tax wasn't spent on benefits then it would be spent on something else like funding poverty in third world countries while their leaders live in golden palaces.
Or even our own politicians illegally claiming undeserved expenses.
One thing is for sure, your tax wouldn't be reduced.

If our tax wasn't spent on benefits then it would be spent on something else like funding poverty in third world countries while their leaders live in golden palaces.
Or even our own politicians illegally claiming undeserved expenses.
One thing is for sure, your tax wouldn't be reduced.

Ive got no problem with my tax being spent on benefits. But most people on benefits are exploiting the system. That's my problem with it. I have my tax bill put aside for this year. If I didn't have to pay it, I would have my deposit nearly done for my property. But I have to give nearly 6 grand to the government for them to hand out to people who are taking the Michael.

It wrangles me that I have to work harder to get wha I want, but people who don't want what I want can abuse a system that suits them and doesn't help the people that pay into it.

30k at the moment. It needs to be nearly 40k which is 20% of the value of the house.
I live in birmingham with my mom and dad at the minute, I'm staying inBirmingham when I move though.

Tom
hold out on the final price pal, new builds ain't exactly flying out at the moment and I can't see that changing in the short term, cheaper you get it the more money obviously in your pocket, but the deposit becomes less also, as does stamp duty if you fall into qualifying for this........

good lad for doing the graft......

Best of luck mate got my meeting next week! ****ting myself to be honest my credit has some marks on it, mother said she will act as guarantor if need be

Tom
hold out on the final price pal, new builds ain't exactly flying out at the moment and I can't see that changing in the short term, cheaper you get it the more money obviously in your pocket, but the deposit becomes less also, as does stamp duty if you fall into qualifying for this........

good lad for doing the graft......

Im holding out as long as I can. If ive got everything in place by April ill speak to them more in depth then.

Thanks mate

Best of luck mate got my meeting next week! ****ting myself to be honest my credit has some marks on it, mother said she will act as guarantor if need be

Its scary ain't it mate. I'm learning new words in every email and phone call I get :)

I agree 100% with you regards the house.

If you loose 1 then another WILL be along, I also agree if you loose it, it happens for a reason.

I've bought and sold a few but don't get involved in the 'well, they've had the full asking price, do you want to offer more"

"no, I don't want to offer more, I don't think its worth the asking price"

I also will not entertain an offer for more for my house, if a price is agreed then its agreed, for me its bad karma.

I never rise to the estate agents trickery. You need to be 100% sure, otherwise its a costly mistake!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Is it a heat only boiler?, you say a new pump...
Replies
Views
That's helpful.. My issue was on link 1 and...
Replies
Views
I feel for you, it's a bad position to be in...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Only other items that may cause noise are the...
Replies
Views
Well that doesn't help at all with the question
Replies
Views
Back