Shock to the system :-( | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Shock to the system :-( in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good luck bud!!

I'm envious of you!

Both my missus & I have recently gone self employed & can't get any lenders to even speak to us for at 2 more years!

Hope the increase in work hours works out for you, don't overdo yourself though! Be no good owning your own house if you can't enjoy it!

Im holding out as long as I can. If ive got everything in place by April ill speak to them more in depth then.

Thanks mate
That's it pal, make sure they know your position fully etc......first time buyer, no chain, funds in position, ready to go etc just price to be sanded down and you'll be signing etc ( no disrespect intended but take you dad or someone who knows the ropes before you sign anything) I have bought new builds and TBH they try to screw you for every penny, just stay firm but not unreasonable....

Good luck bud!!

I'm envious of you!

Both my missus & I have recently gone self employed & can't get any lenders to even speak to us for at 2 more years!

Hope the increase in work hours works out for you, don't overdo yourself though! Be no good owning your own house if you can't enjoy it!

Cheers mate. Ill take each day as it comes. If I end up working later than I want then its all good. I can relax when I'm in my own home.

On your mortgage, speak to Abby national. They go off you latest accounts as long as you've made an increase year on year

That's it pal, make sure they know your position fully etc......first time buyer, no chain, funds in position, ready to go etc just price to be sanded down and you'll be signing etc ( no disrespect intended but take you dad or someone who knows the ropes before you sign anything) I have bought new builds and TBH they try to screw you for every penny, just stay firm but not unreasonable....

My mom and dad will be tagging along at some point. Everything up to now, I've done and Been to by myself. As this is all new to me and I don't fully understand everything, it was best I did this on my own.

Now I feel I know a lot more and my mom and dad will go to various meetings with me. The last thing I wanted when talking to mortgage advisors and the builders was to be say there in the middle while my mom and dad and some mortgage advisor sorted my future. :)

Its scary ain't it mate. I'm learning new words in every email and phone call I get :)

I remember my first house @19 year old, ended up on call MOST nights lol...just come out of my time @ BG......

Then I thought holy cr@p why are my clothes not auto replacing in my drawers and wardrobe??, bought a washer and and iron.....then council tax bill landed......oh no more callout......then a nice bloke knocked at the door and asked where my TV license was, you guessed it more callout.......then I would come home all hungry and could not understand why there was not a nice plated meal ready to be nuked in the microwave?... Sorted that easy with numerous takeaway menus and chippy lol.......you get the picture :wazzzup:

Hope it all goes well for you tom

I was lucky when i got my house swmbo father is a financial adviser so he magic'd some figures.

And hey presto we got a mortgage with a 10% deposit that was in 2008 just a few months before the fit hit the shan.

My mom and dad will be tagging along at some point. Everything up to now, I've done and Been to by myself. As this is all new to me and I don't fully understand everything, it was best I did this on my own.

Now I feel I know a lot more and my mom and dad will go to various meetings with me. The last thing I wanted when talking to mortgage advisors and the builders was to be say there in the middle while my mom and dad and some mortgage advisor sorted my future. :)

You did 100% the right thing, and don't worry no one knows it all, ask away on here as you progress, don't ever feel foolish it's a big move and loads on here will have been through it, just when I did it, I only had an abacus and a mobile the size of house on a little known network called cellnet, as the tinternet was unheard of....

You'll be fine Tom. I'm in a similar position to you, we start a self build in March, and need a big chunk of money for the groundworks, as the self build mortgage doesn't release any money until we're upto DPC.

I subby to BG as well. I could easily do it 7 days a week, as you know, it's pretty easy and straight forward, with minimal paper work to do at home afterwards. I usually work tues-fri for them, and do my own jobs evenings weekends and Mondays. But I'll be doing Mondays for BG as well now, and just trying to cram all my stuff in around that. I always try and do a minimum of 10 a day. Sart atb8 usually home by half 5, unless one goes **** up.

Good luck with it all.

I've been contracting for the last couple of year and been getting home around 3 everyday and having the weekends all to myself.

As I'm looking at buying a house I've been to see a mortgage advisor etc and I can get to mortgage I need but I'm 11k short on my deposit. So I called the manager last week and asked for more work including weekends.

So as of tomorrow, I'm on 10/12 jobs a day, probably finishing at 6. And have half days booked in on Saturdays for the next 6 months.

Im probably going to be dead come February as I won't have worked this hard since I was on the cards. But it will be worth it in the end if the outcome is a property :)

ohwell just think of it in a few months time when you are in your house and ringing up the boss to cut down your hours !

Right I'm back from my longest days work in three years.

It wasn't that bad to be honest. I've done 10 jobs of different varieties and earnt some decent money. If every day was like this I'd be laughing, but today couldn't have gone any better. I know eventually ill hit a nasty job, but that would happen regardless of amount of hours worked.

Good Luck Tom I am sure if your heart is set on this then you'll do it.....I will be buying another house soon as "Her indoors" has made mutterings about moving a few times now but tbh we have rentals and I don't know whether to rent the current abode out or just sell it. I feel sorry for people who are stuck in the rental market due to the current climate but tbh it is better to have some equity in a property than risk going into neg equity that's a ball ache!!! So by saving up and grafting harder your doing yourself a BIG favour in the long run...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Is it a heat only boiler?, you say a new pump...
Replies
Views
That's helpful.. My issue was on link 1 and...
Replies
Views
I feel for you, it's a bad position to be in...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Only other items that may cause noise are the...
Replies
Views
Well that doesn't help at all with the question
Replies
Views
Back