short of work | Gaining Plumbing Experience | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss short of work in the Gaining Plumbing Experience area at Plumbers Forums

SafeGasInstall

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
if any one know any contractor near london that is looking for sub-contractors pls let me know , shortage of work this days again !

i have like 2-3 days of work each week , and have been asked to go back to old firm to do a 6m contract starting in august (apparently),dont believe it anymore as i have heard million times this we have 1000 boilers to fit we have 2000 ch to fit ..... they never stop promising

Arrrgh. Well I hope it picks up for everyone. It is the summer so it's normal for it to be more quiet.

I'm busy but who knows how long it will last? I can't afford to not be busy and I'm sure its the same for you.

Seriously hope it picks up. Its become a runnning theme on here these past few days. Most people seem to have gone quiet.

The way things are lads, you have to be prepared to travel to work. Get a 0844 number and you can advertise in any area without it looking like your own area code. A 0844 number is free and your caller only pays 5 pence per minute. There's still a stigma attached to people especially older people phoning a mobile number.

Bathroom last week was a 80 mile round trip, but it paid well. Local work is barely existent at the moment. I've plenty of work but it's wide spread over the country up here.

What hapened to the council work u were on Stan
I did work on a contract in North London but had to leave as contracted was not paying me on time and there was a massive delay of payments .
latlly have been working in Dorking one tower block was having new ch systems fitted , but there bathrooms was given to a plumber £115 each , I was doing system boiler and cylinder and another plumber doing full ch rather two or three bedroom flat for £200.00 .
Now almost all flats are done and I have like 2-3 days of work each week that is way I am looking for a new contract to get my self on before run out compleatlly out of work !
My old firm is starting g a job in late August it I don't beli e them as I have heard the promises million times .
Keep your self busy lads , and save for rai ing days :)

Im sitting in the house tomorrow, scottish gas promising everything under the sun usual crap, im travelling all over the place doing heating systems for a price, only thing about travelling long distances for your own work is your pricing a job you may not get and are down £20 in diesel.

Think I have a system to do thurs and fri, and more next week but still not consistent enough to make a decent wage

Similar plumbing topics

Replies
Views
H
Recommend them sending another engineer out...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Did you get another plumber to complete the...
Replies
Views
C
Charlotte - the noise sounds more like the...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
The MJ3 Charger on my Mainsboost system has...
Replies
Views
Back