Should I replace my boiler or just fix it (again)?? | Boilers | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Should I replace my boiler or just fix it (again)?? in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can get good deals on Baxi-main boilers, i've only installed 6 of them but not had a problem with any of them. I would advise you to install a new boiler as you have had your moneys worth out of your old boiler and its onlyu gonna start costing you more money. You might as well have a new boiler which the parts will be covered for whatever the warrenty will be and you'll also save money on your gas bill

Vaillants for me, recently came equal first for reliability by which magazine. I think it was which anyway. The other boiler was Worcestor, but there a complete cow to work on.

Agree 100% with Leo, Vaillant for me all day long, wouldn't go near Worcester and deffo steer clear of Vokera.

try and get british gas to do a fix price repair - just dont tell them its the pcb - otherwise i would not spend anymore on an old boiler

I did a first fix on a Worcester Greenstar 24i Junior yesterday, worked fine until the builder removed from bathroom wall and reinstalled in utility room. Not the builders fault but the pcb and fan were both goosed, parts cost a total of £300 and the customer paid a fixed price of £99.

Thanks for all the feedback. I've decided to go ahead with a new boiler but have some doubts over the vokera. I got a quote from another plumber to install a vaillant ecotech pro 28 for 1550 pounds. Is that a good boiler and does that sound like a reasonable price????

Very good choice, you'll have no regrets. Supply and fit price is good.

Anybody who says they like baxi's has had no dealing's with there GA boilers and there poor customer service. The GA models do save you money on your gas bill, cus they stop working very quickly LOL.

I have had no problems with Baxi, but like 99% of things you can buy they all can not be perfect but as i have not had any problems with Baxi-Main boilers i would recommend them because they are about £300 cheaper than Vaillant

I have had no problems with Baxi, but like 99% of things you can buy they all can not be perfect but as i have not had any problems with Baxi-Main boilers i would recommend them because they are about £300 cheaper than Vaillant

Live had lots, refuse to fit them now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Who said plastic 28/22mm copper tube and mlcp...
Replies
Views
LastPlumber's view makes sense. Anyway this...
Replies
Views
Stick with heat only. You most probably still...
Replies
Views
N
Re: Zoning upstairs. If you don't have 1 set...
Replies
Views
hi, no current pipework in concrete i believe...
Replies
Views
Back