Should Ideal Logic Combi ESP1 35 show demand for heat when thermostat esrpt4 doesn't need it? | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Should Ideal Logic Combi ESP1 35 show demand for heat when thermostat esrpt4 doesn't need it? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

I've just moved in to a new build with the above boiler and two thermostats (one upstairs, one downstairs). The other day we had an issue where the heating upstairs stayed on no matter what the thermostat said, I managed to factory reset the upstairs thermostat and since then the rads only come on when required.

I've noticed since then (and think it was probably also the case before) that the boiler is showing demand for heat all the time, it displays the radiator symbol and is always whirring. I would have thought that if the thermostats didn't demand any heat then the boiler wouldn't be active in this way and would go into standby mode?

Do any of you guys know if this is normal or if I need to get on to the installers to get them to fix it? I don't really want a massive gas bill because the boiler has been constantly on since we moved in! I have turned the boiler to water only for now as it's not too cold outside so would appreciate any help you can offer!

Thanks,

Tim

Can you post a picture?
Are any pipes under the boiler hot?

Can you post a picture?
Are any pipes under the boiler hot?

Hi, thanks for your response.

Here are the pics.

The pipe I am pointing to is hot

15056005274812069311353.jpg

15056005580831365354551.jpg

Any radiators getting hot?
Are the zone valves accessible in an airing cupboard maybe?

Sounds like it might not be wired correctly and calling for heat but nowhere fit it to go

on the boiler the rad knob turn it all the way (max) does the boiler fire?

The radiators get hot when required so I think there is a connection but surely the boiler should go I to standby when not needed by the thermostats?

I've just turned the radiator knob to max and the boiler fires ok

yep something been wired wrong and its keeping the bypass warm waste of gas needs sorting

is the time clock calling for heat eg still on program ?

Best to get the installer/builder back to take a look

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Unfortunately most household insurance...
Replies
Views
D
Hi all, i moved recently in new home and...
Replies
Views
Dobsuk
D
Your boiler may have its own internal by pass...
Replies
Views
Are you Gas Safe Registered? If not please...
Replies
Views
Well, I don't really know. I was thinking the...
Replies
Views
Back