Shower mixer valve advice please. | Showers and Wetrooms Advice | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Shower mixer valve advice please. in the Showers and Wetrooms Advice area at Plumbers Forums

I need to replace an old Sirrus 1850 shower mixer valve with a more uptodate mixer bar.

Problem is that the hot feed is on the right and the mixer bars I've seen ask for the hot feed to be on the left.

Is there a workaround for this?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

I don’t know of one turn a standard one upside down ?

Upvote 0
It will but it’s just the dials will be upside down eg reading

Upvote 0
Or Cross the supplies upstream.
If it works why replace it.
If its a gummers you might be good for parts for years to come.

Upvote 0
Can do it with an exposed Mira mini duo, turn valve over and the shower hose outlet can be swapped with a blanking plate so that you end up with hose down as usual.

I seem to remember you can just take off and realign the knobs so it looks ok.

Only thing is they are 110centres, but you can get adjustable elbows to give you 133-153 centres. I’ve used this to replace an old gummers shower with reversed inlets.

Upvote 0
Thanks for that guys. I've repaired the Gummers several times. Time for a change..Interstingly enough the Gummers is supposed to have a left hand hot feed! The other 2 valves in my house have the hot feed on the left. To swap pipes would be the ideal way to proceed however it would be a messy job.

Upvote 0

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
I don't see your comments?
Replies
Views
  • Question
I've just read your thread. Most decent...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Which bar shower have people purchased where...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Can you talk to your plumbing supplier and ask...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thanks Any thoughts on a shower system to...
Replies
Views
Back