Shower pump help pls | Showers and Wetrooms Advice | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Shower pump help pls in the Showers and Wetrooms Advice area at Plumbers Forums

M

mattq

I rent the property where shower uses pump (located under bath) due yo low pressure i guess. Its an old tank-system there, boiler Potterton Suprima 60L.

This pump is very noisy, what to do to make the shower working without the pump, what work needs to be done, and whats the average costs of it, as this pump drives me mad. What other options are possible? Landlady is a very difficult when must spend any money...

Thanks

pumps have a shelf life and when the go wrong it is better to replace it is your pump on any thing some people put there pumps on rubber to trake the vibration out and some of the noise a paving slad with foam will work to. you can get a shower mate pump from stuare turner but they cost up wards of 200. i think the best thing is to get a plumber to come look at it if they are a good plumber they will not charge you to give you a quote.

Upvote 0
you re do the pipe work and make it longer you do not need to move the hot tank its fine and as i say this is the only real option toi give you no noise and i know it sounds like you dont get that much pressuer but this dose work i have done it before. i would not offer to do it if it would not work or i would not get paid and i dont like to work for free lol hope this helps mate

Upvote 0
it will not make DIFFERENCE IF TANK GOES UP ...........AS YOU WILL STILL USE YOUR PUMP TO BOOST IT AND PUMP SPEED WILL NOT CHANGE AT ALL ........ SO COME ON STEPHEN this every one can work it out u dont have to be a plumber

Upvote 0
it will not make DIFFERENCE IF TANK GOES UP ...........AS YOU WILL STILL USE YOUR PUMP TO BOOST IT AND PUMP SPEED WILL NOT CHANGE AT ALL ........ SO COME ON STEPHEN this every one can work it out u dont have to be a plumber

Lol the expense of making a bigger tank stand extending all the pipework fittings copper lagging for what if you can move it up 1m which I would not think you could for 0.1 of a bar lol think about it

Upvote 0
if you think about it you can lift a cofirn tank up 2 meters plus the head you already have if you use a cofin tank it will work the only reason i say this is because the man says he dose not want the noise of a pump as i said the other opiton is a elec shower no pump no noise and as i am part p it is not a prob to fit this and you will have a good shower no noise i dont know why no one else has said this. as i stress lifting the tank is not the best option but dose work if you use a cofin tank and will work out the same a a good negilev head pum. but i do agree it is not the best otion. get a elec shower mate a 9.5 kw is prob the best bet.

Upvote 0
you are a plumber so you tell me how much the parts would cost i ant in to playing games mate some one asked for advice so i gave a few options were most of the other plumbers on here said ghange the pump cos that is the easy otion no one apart from me gave him options hoe to remove the pump and the cost of the new parts and labor will still cost less than a good pump WHICH WILL STILL MAKE A NOISE as all pumps do.

Upvote 0
No bother mate
I know what it would cost and when you told them the price they would not even dream of it for the hardly even noticsble difference it would make and you would still need the pump for a half decent shower

Upvote 0
There is a few options but on a rented property it's pointless as the landlady is not going to go to any expense that them don't have to
And can you see the person renting spending a lot of money of somthing they may have to leave behind if they move
Maybe I'm wrong
Yes you did give an option and this is what this forum is for
So well done mate keep them coming
Cheers
G

Upvote 0
Stephen mate gating that far for a lifting tank and argue on here you will never get apprentice job with anyone !

not my business just to let you know ! most of the members with red names as u can see are experienced plumbers !

and is not doing u any good as new member , just sit back and read rather then post !

we all are helping each other as one family ,if you want to become part of it you have to listen to others

what makes sense ant what not ,as opinion given there is so much behind it !

hope this will help !

stan

I was thinking to give you a go as i am in west london ,and waiting on contract work in Enfield!

but guest what would I,answer is no !

sorry for been honest with you

Upvote 0

Similar plumbing topics

D
  • Question
Aqualisa digital showers are great. There is...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I am glad you got to the bottom of the problem...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thanks for the reply @steadyon
Replies
Views
  • Article
The UK Government has today been told to do...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Dab easy sys tank and pump, 210-250 unvented...
Replies
Views
Back