Signing off someone else's work | Gaining Plumbing Experience | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Signing off someone else's work in the Gaining Plumbing Experience area at Plumbers Forums

The problem here will be the solicitor is working for the buyer and his best interests.
If he smells a rat he will be within his rights and will contact Gas Safe, who if they do get involved will ask you the question "why did you not register it earlier when you have registered many boilers before and after this boiler was installed. "

Sounds like grief I would walk away from. Imho

The problem here will be the solicitor is working for the buyer and his best interests.
If he smells a rat he will be within his rights and will contact Gas Safe, who if they do get involved will ask you the question "why did you not register it earlier when you have registered many boilers before and after this boiler was installed. "

Well I could just tell them the truth I suppose? I see what your saying but I would say exactly what has happened. My friend is 'competent ' just not registered in his own right.

I got involved with a job a few years back, in between exchange and completion I serviced a boiler and had to cut the boiler off as it was sooted up and beyond economical repair.

The time that was involved in letters between solicitors and then Corgi got involved was a nightmare.
I had done nothing wrong but they still wanted info and my time.

Offer a full service and cp12 but that is as far as you can go, I'm sure indemnity insurance will only be £ 100 ish, it is reqd a lot when people knock down internal walls without getting Building Regs.

I thought you only got three months to register it. So you'd have to lie about the date of installation.

I think I'm going to sod it off and tell them it's not my problem. I do feel bad letting them down but it ain't sitting right with me so I think im going to have to pass. Cheers chaps

I think I'm going to sod it off and tell them it's not my problem. I do feel bad letting them down but it ain't sitting right with me so I think im going to have to pass. Cheers chaps

Your not letting them down, it's not your job. They're asking you to lie! Would he lie for you if it involved his livelihood.

The solicitor is being an arsehole, I had exactly the same situation mate a few years ago. My mate and another mate of his had fitted their own combi and rads in a holiday home they bought in the lake district, about 5 years later the mate rang me and asked if I could sign the boiler off because when he'd filled the forms in for the exchange of contract he had put down that the combi had been fitted in the last five years. The solicitor had noticed this and wanted the building regs cert. Anyway I refused to register BUT I wrote him a very vague unspecific letter with no details saying that I had worked at the property during it's renovation and had added parts on to an already existing system. I never said what parts, and never heard another thing from the solicitor. Worse case for your mate like others have said is that he will need to take out indemnity to protect the new owner, more and more solicitors these days are picking over details.

When I sold my own house a few years ago, 'their' solicitor also wanted me to buy an indemnity policy for my double glazed windows because building regs hadn't been notified when they had been put in, they were already in when I bought the house about ten years before and luckily for me I had kept the previous owners list of fixtures and fittings and on there he had wrote DG fitted 1990. Otherwise I would've been buying indemnity, it's a ferking racket !!!!!

it happens every day on sites the blokes who fit the boiler have moved on before theres any water or power on the jobs so someone has to commision and fire up then fill out the certs do you all realy think builders/ developers are going to rip it out and start again every time some one leaves a company?

Ay? U fit boilers and leave them in newbuilds without commissioning the ? Always get gas and water in before boiler touches wall. Commercial exactly the same. Offices schools, even had a boiler in trailers hooked up as boiler houses and chp incomplete and wanted to commission ufh and chilled water systems.

Similar plumbing topics

I feel for you, it's a bad position to be in...
Replies
Views
N
  • Article
grade B ld1 conventional fire detection system...
Replies
Views
Nelly72
N
We've just sorted one of these situations...
Replies
Views
B
I used to disconnect and drill them. The last...
Replies
Views
Hi RPM, Gasway were the first company i...
Replies
Views
Back