Sime 110C FORMAT Combi - External timeclock? | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Sime 110C FORMAT Combi - External timeclock? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys, first time poster! Please be patient with replies as I'm hardly ever on the computer!

Got a customer who is wanting rid of their external room stat looking to have more control over when the heating comes on and off. As i'm not all electrically minded and not entirely sure what timer/programmer would suit I was looking for some advice as to what one to replace the external stat with

Cheers

D

the circuit is volt free if you fit a danfoss tp5000si this will allow you to operate the boiler by timer and temperature it is very simple wiring

Honeywell cmt927, easy to use and easy on the eye. Takes about 30 mins to fit....simples.

Thanks guys, would it be at all possible to do away with the room stat completely and just let the thermostatic valves do their jobs? Her complaint is that when the stat is satisfied in the hallway that other rooms aren't fully up to temperature. Ideally a single channel time clock for twice a day CH would suffice if poss? There is a 1.5 twin and earth cable from the combi in the attic direct to the danfoss tp4 stat but it's a boiler i'm not familiar with and unsure what the internal wiring would allow?

Cheers again

D

Yeah, the system is working fine and properly balanced when u override the room stat. The client just wants full control on the time it is on and off, she is fed up of the temp dropping below 5 deg and the system firing up at random points of the night even in this weather when frost isn't at all likely!

Cheers

D

All systems need roomstats, otherwise if only trv's the cost of running it will go up!
If there's only a clock controling the system with trv's, the boiler will always fire to get to the boiler temperature, which in warmer weather the heat won't be req'd, costing money.
If a roomstat is on the system, it'll stop the boiler firing, saving money.
What I'd suggest is to install a Radio Frequency controlled programable roomstat. ie Danfos TP 5000si RF.
It would give you the flexibility to try the roomstat in different rooms, to get better control of the system.
The room in which the roomstat is will require the trv to be turned up full, otherwise having 2 stats in 1 room will end up falling out with each other, making the other rooms over hot or too cold.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

P
https://www.gotogasdocs.co.uk/f/m/Worcester/Oth...
Replies
Views
I was unable to create a second account for...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 126113
D
Plumb centre charged me £28 for a vaillant...
Replies
Views
There's nothing wrong with external boilers...
Replies
Views
Basically sounds like nothing was set in stone...
Replies
Views
Back