site work i hate it | Gaining Plumbing Experience | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss site work i hate it in the Gaining Plumbing Experience area at Plumbers Forums

stevetheplumber

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
working on site is driving me mad no one seems to know whats happening the give you a drawing then when its nearly finished they give you the revised drawing
they have a site manager walking roiund taking photos of any rubbish left around now youve got to reckon this manager is on twice what a labourer gets so why not have two labourers clearing up instead i cant belive the builder employ no labourers at all every thing is subbed and each trade has to clear their own rubbish there are 12 skips outside the job one for each company you cant move for bloody skips skips

I have been doing a bit of site work recently, it is a real pain in the arse. I don't want to wear gloves and goggles all the time, the goggles are extremely annoying. The moment you take them off someone walks round the corner and tells you to put them back on!!!!!

Can't stand sites when everyone is battling each other and counter charging.
it just ends up a rubbish build quality.

Trades unite for perfect harmony...

Sites have gone right downhill last few years , use to be top crack on site and now as already mentiones to much counter charging going on . Like you said when i first started on sites you would have labourers going around all day clearing up . Not now to much penalties and fines around for a plastic bag you forgot to pick up

Similar plumbing topics

From this post, I think you’ve got a good...
Replies
Views
No, I believe you absolutely. My own problem...
Replies
Views
Had this a couple of months ago. I send my...
Replies
Views
I hope you don't get it done to US standards...
2 3
Replies
Views
PlumbBobBob
P
M
Good morning folks I am writing to you...
Replies
Views
Marty32
M
Back