small central heating tank overflow pipe constantly dripping | Central Heating Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss small central heating tank overflow pipe constantly dripping in the Central Heating Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

chimo

Hi all, hope someone can help me with this ongoing problem. The central heating overflow pipe drips constantly even with central heating off and water cold with no immersion on. Its an oil fired 30 year old system which also has a back boiler. I have emptied small tank to well below overflow level and checked that overflow valve was opening/closing properily and it seems to be working fine. The j shped pipe over the small tank is bone dry. The only thing that i hav'nt checked was to drian the small tank completely to see if the water is entering the bottom of the small tank the pipe feeds to the central heating system. How can the small tank be filling with water with no heating/pump running. Anybody any ideas?

many thanks

Hi
sorry t here you are having problems is the cold water storage tank water level higher than the small header tank if so I believe you may have a hole or perforation in the indirect part of your hot water storage cylinder best to get a qualified plumber in

Thanks for all your replys. With heating/pump off and water cold I drained the small central heating tank today and the pipe going into the bottom of the small tank is dribbling water into small tank. Ballcock working fine. Is the coil leaking water into cenral heating system?

many thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

I can't remember if I fitted one or not, but I...
Replies
Views
DIY job and potentially dangerous if the...
Replies
Views
OK, but from the boiler it should be Vent then...
Replies
Views
This was indeed the case, picked up a new zone...
Replies
Views
Back