Small flat air source heat pump or gas heating?? | Air Sourced Heat Pumps | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Small flat air source heat pump or gas heating?? in the Air Sourced Heat Pumps area at Plumbers Forums

Hello chaps,

I own (and let out) a small one bedroom flat which is the first floor of a small victorian house. The loft has been well insulated, double glazing but it is a solid brick wall with no cavity and not the warmest. It consists of three rooms only.

It is currently heated by economy 7 storage heaters (and economy 7 immersion heater). These are not the best- tenants never seem to understand how to work them despite me making instruction sheets up. They sometimes override the time clock which ends up with huge electric bills. They are also very expensive to replace for what is a poor heating system. Any supplementary electric heating in the evening is very expensive on economy 7 tarriff.

I am looking at biting the bullet and either getting gas to the property or installing an air source heat pump.

Any opinions?

Downstairs has gas so there is a meter box about ten feet from where I could place my own (not possible to place another meter box any closer). However I would require a new gas connection and some groundwork.

Gas combi would entail the annual ongoing costs of certificate and servicing.

Would an air source heat pump be more cost effective?

Any opinions of anybody with any experience would be much appreciated.

Although I'm not a skinflint landlord and I want tenants happy, the figures do have to add up as it is a business, not a hobby.

I am probably keeping the flat for another ten years at least.

Many thanks!

Andy

Last edited:

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
How do I set the temperature for the dream air...
Replies
Views
Mike marks
M
K
  • Question
Has anyone installed / worked with air-to-air...
Replies
Views
Katelina
K
  • Question
No as the temp wouldn’t get as hot as the...
Replies
Views
    • Agree
  • Question
Made me laugh aswell it’s not a 3 port valve...
2 3
Replies
Views
C
  • Question
Do you have some experience with Air Source...
Replies
Views
Cecile
C
Back