Smallest boiler available | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Smallest boiler available in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

southcoastboile

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
I ordered a Glowworm Fexicom 18kw open vented boiler for a customer as it has a rear entry flue.

The reason for this is the cupboard is only 870mm high.

I phoned the merchants and checked clearances before ordering and was told it would fit in the cupboard. They said you need 200mm below for condense plus the height of the boiler.

I have removed the old boiler and didnt think about the pipe work comming out the top! Been looking on the net but does anyone know if there is a smaller boiler available on the market that might fit or if the system version also has flow and return sited at the top of the boiler?

Thanks!

Flexicom has flow/return on left hand side at top, ideal logic + also do a rear exit flue and top connections. Ideal only need 100mm for service at bottom, this can be in the form of a removable panel

Last edited:
Flexicom has flow/return on left hand side at top, ideal logic + also do a rear exit flue and top connections. Ideal only need 100mm for service at bottom, this can be in the form of a removable panel

Thanks for that, I thought Gworm brought the rights from Baxi for rear entry flue and that the Flexicom was the only boiler on the market with it. Just looked at the Logic and that is 700, the flexicom is 650 so I dont think the Logic will fit although I cant find the MIs that state clearances.

Ideal only needs 5mm at the bottom so long as you have a removable panel to make it 100mm plus 165mm above boiler

Ideal only needs 5mm at the bottom so long as you have a removable panel to make it 100mm plus 165mm above boiler

Sorry if I sound stupid. If it only needs 5mm below it how do you get the condense out? or is that what you mean by removable pannel and have 100mm below it plus 165mm above?

Exactly, make a removable panel for below the boiler giving you the 100mm you need for servicing

Exactly, make a removable panel for below the boiler giving you the 100mm you need for servicing

Thanks. If I only have 870mm to play with then this wouldnt fit 700mm boiler, 165mm above and 100mm below, unless I am missing something.

Can you not make the bottom of the cupboard removable? This then gives you just about enough room.

Sorry didnt make it very clear, the cupboard is under a worktop, when you look in the unit you can see the concrete floor. From the floor to the top of the unit is 870mm.

The boiler cant go anywere else. The only other thing I might be able to do if there are no smaller boilers is come up out of the worktop with the flow and return, put MAV's on, run to the left and back down under the worktop again, then box the pipework in.

can you still get floor standing boilers? I know Ideal did an icos in a box on the floor that was a few years back mind! :lol:

Mexico he is still available iirc, potterton do a floor stander also worcester do some as well

Cheers Arran, all that worrying was for nothing the Flexicom fit with 15 cm below it and had enough room to come off the top with the pipes and put MAVs teed of side ways. Thanks for all the replies though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

It'll work when using Vaillant Controls and...
Replies
Views
Yes, I did see that the matter of putting Mag...
Replies
Views
Hi We suggest you get a qualified plumber in...
Replies
Views
The Rapid does not have the low pressure warning.
2 3
Replies
Views
All done.
Replies
Views
Back