Soil testing | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Soil testing in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

nicro3

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Got a call to flood test drain and air test svp's on finished 2 storey extention. Apparently builder had been paid and was not returning to do final test.
Took the job on with a quick look at drawings and agreed with client my input would be test and witness by building inspector.
On Friday went to lift manholes which was a nightmare, 5 in all but hey ho. The depth of the lowest manhole around 6 foot.
The whole job is a mess, not to drawing, one internal stack no blow backs on air test, no stub stack, drains leaking no durgo or vent to atmosphere I could go on and on. Other two stacks dropping one fast one slow.
The dilemma for customer is I can offer test to B/inspector and he fails it on water and air tightness and not conforming to regs. Then repair on drains and svps would have to be done which is major, high end bathrooms and wc,s all pipework hidden and drainage dug up and repaired
I said she should sue the builder for all costs incurred, he is not interested as he has been paid.
Your opinions please, thanks

Do it on day work , been in same situtation before where the mechanical firm went bust and never tested drains . Done it on day work as a sub contractor under the instruction of the client . . . .easy peasy money for old rope

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Based on your extra information, you've...
Replies
Views
W
Well done, you're problem should now be...
Replies
Views
Guest123
G
P
So sorry to have taken a year to thank you for...
Replies
Views
preeves
P
Thanks for your replies The downstairs loo...
Replies
Views
M
Sounds like no cleaner then inhibitor to me.
Replies
Views
Back