solar thermal just for hot water. | Bathroom Advice | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss solar thermal just for hot water. in the Bathroom Advice area at Plumbers Forums

G

gjcone44

hi i am a spark, who has fitted solar pv on south facing roof.i am now looking at getting solar thermal, to supply my hot water ( just for upstairs, one shower and 2 sinks)have got combi boiler worcester, 30cdi. but dont want to get involved with that. have 2x2mts, on south facing roof, but also have a hip roof facing west, would like to fit panels / tubes, on both have plenty of room in loft for 250l tank, question is would you fit to separate systems, to feed a twin coil tank or would it be better to link the 2 together, and supply single coil tank, the solar experts advice would be appreciated :25:

Use Ecotube you'll only need 6 tubes, Even on a correctly designed system stagnation will occur it won't damage the system but will have an effect on the glycol so always use a good quality one

[h=3]

They are efficient I was suprised you need so few tubes but they are massive must be at least 100mm but they do work well

The Ecotube performance versus their five main competitors
- based on performance output per kWh per m²[/h]
*kWh/m²Relative Performance
Ecotube DF 100727.00100.00%
Baxi DF100 20704.0296.8%
Kingspan DF100 20699.1196.1%
Viessmann VT200682.1493.8%
Valliant VTK 1140642.8988.4%
Worcester Bosch T3539.8474.2%

As you will see from the adjacent
chart the Ecotube DF100 has been proven to be the highest performing panel in the UK.
*All figures taken from T-Sol simulation design software – January 2011
Click here for RHI information [PDF]...

[h=3]

They are efficient I was suprised you need so few tubes but they are massive must be at least 100mm but they do work well

The Ecotube performance versus their five main competitors
- based on performance output per kWh per m²[/h]
*kWh/m²Relative Performance
Ecotube DF 100727.00100.00%
Baxi DF100 20704.0296.8%
Kingspan DF100 20699.1196.1%
Viessmann VT200682.1493.8%
Valliant VTK 1140642.8988.4%
Worcester Bosch T3539.8474.2%

As you will see from the adjacent
chart the Ecotube DF100 has been proven to be the highest performing panel in the UK.
*All figures taken from T-Sol simulation design software – January 2011
Click here for RHI information [PDF]...

What kind of money ate they mate pm me if you don't want to post it

Qualities good used these on a flat roof install some sort of vinyl/rubber, we couldn't pierce the roof to get fixings these tubes just lay on pads when installed on a flat roof so installation was a piece of pish got some pictures somewhere will try to upload if I can find them

Qualities good used these on a flat roof install some sort of vinyl/rubber, we couldn't pierce the roof to get fixings these tubes just lay on pads when installed on a flat roof so installation was a piece of pish got some pictures somewhere will try to upload if I can find them

Where did the pipes go?

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Depends if it was drained you should be ok but...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Tbh only option is to get a solar thermal...
Replies
Views
  • Question
You Can Use Boiler, Heat Pump.
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi, We have solar panels for our hot water...
Replies
Views
Back