Solvent weld gap filler? | Bathroom Advice | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Solvent weld gap filler? in the Bathroom Advice area at Plumbers Forums

mutley racers

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Hi all. Has anyone used this stuff before when having a weep on a solvent joint? I got a joint on the soil pipe connecting to the underground drainage pipe which would be a nightmare to rip out?

Attachments

• 16282717286763932961717142569981.jpg
    16282717286763932961717142569981.jpg
    521.3 KB · Views: 54
It's really difficult to advise without seeing it. If it's getting boxed probably best bite the bullet now before tiling etc - we've all been there and it's even less fun. Hope the kids feel better soon.
Never had a solvent weld leak on soil pipe in 12yrs. In a tight place as well. There is always a 1st time.

Kids still rough, wife is sick as well and I am cramping but cannot go. The 2 Yr old who is potty training is running around like mad having free roam of the house and peeing every where. It's been an interesting day I tell you.

Thanks for asking

Nice bit of kit the icon pipe insert. Was hoping it would be long enough to go past my leak on the solvent weld but wasn't thought about cutting it down so it would but then thought I would do a proper job and chip the brown pipe out which was easy as it was missing a bit of weld on the back.

The part actually feels loose going in but it holds water.

Attachments

• 20210809_140839.jpg
    20210809_140839.jpg
    346.1 KB · Views: 26
Have you glued a short length of pipe into your grey boss pipe?
If not, I’m not surprised it felt loose- I would definitely add this short length of pipe or you’ll get a leak in the future- same as when people use a pan connector into a socket, it may hold for a while but not long term.

Have you glued a short length of pipe into your grey boss pipe?
If not, I’m not surprised it felt loose- I would definitely add this short length of pipe or you’ll get a leak in the future- same as when people use a pan connector into a socket, it may hold for a while but not long term.

I most certainly have. Was meant to type that but got a call and forgot to finish my post

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Thanks I'll give that a go. I assume...
Replies
Views
If the coupling fits, then no need for what I...
Replies
Views
  • Question
When it comes to solvent weld plastic pipes...
Replies
Views
  • Question
So have started fitting all the bits together...
Replies
Views
  • Question
With patience, I’ve not come across a socket...
Replies
Views
Back