Space below cylinder? | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Space below cylinder? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cheers TFJ in light of that I'll use one bit of batton and balance the cylinder on it haha :rofl:

all the old cyls I have replaced that pinhole are on solid bases, all those on battens seem to go on forever, never replaced one on battens yet, so I'll be continuing to wack em on battens.

all the old cyls I have replaced that pinhole are on solid bases, all those on battens seem to go on forever, never replaced one on battens yet, so I'll be continuing to wack em on battens.

Where's the job security in that?! You want the installation to last long enough so no-one can blame you, but short enough that you get regular work...

Isn't that how boiler manufacturers design boilers there days?

Yes I agree with best
Over here always see timber under a copper cylinder
And push fit waste pipes

IMAG0667.jpg

What about this space lol

ive never seen one on batterns
see a lot of push-fit. everyones too tight to buy glue

Thanks for all the discussion. The answer to my question seems to be yes ...or no! I do appreciate the comment that putting a cylinder onto, e.g. a concrete floor that might harbour moisture, might well lead to enhanced corrosion if the cylinder is allowed to go cold and water condenses on it. I think that I'll go for the safest option which would be to use a sufficient number of battens to spread the load and avoid cylinder damage. Many thanks to all respondents for your useful advice.

Yes its gone on a bit lol, if i was you , a quick ring to the cylinder manufacturers would be best, go on their advice.

Just put something under it, piece of ply. If you put it straight on a concrete floor, the concrete will eat the copper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Replies
Views
  • Question
Probably all off one main hence your problem...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Yours is an old fotic cylinder, Thermal store...
Replies
Views
Anyway, you can always increase the boiler...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Point out to them that when a hot water tank...
Replies
Views
Back