Sponsored thread- what pump will be on the back of the van in 2014 | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Sponsored thread- what pump will be on the back of the van in 2014 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Ray Stafford

We are just about out of Grundfos 15/50 and 15/60 now, and talking to contacts around the industry, I think everyone is now in the same boat. It took a year longer than expected, but A rated is now the only game in town.

There can't be many plumbers who didn't have one of each of the Grundfos permanently on the van for the last 30 odd years.

Question is - whats going to replace it?

Grundfos Alpha?

Grundfos UPS2?

A cheapo like Circulating Pumps?

Or a newcomer like Lowara?

The Williams & Co buying team discussed this for an hour today before concluding that there would be no winner-takes-all in the sense of the old 15/50 and 15/60 which had such massive market share. We are predicting:

Cheapie 20%
Lowara 20%
Grundfos Alpha 20%
Grundfos UPS2 40%

I'd be interested in your views.

Ray

Whatever is on offer... I only keep the larger 15-60 on the van, one pump,does all then...

I brought up my merchants remaining pumps at £20 plus vat each for a bulk buy of 15. When I run out I'm gunna go cheapo. Not sure exactly what yet saw salus at around £70 plus vat for a rated. Grundfoss are to expensive now.

What's your prices for each!!

From Jan 13th, it will be

Cheapo CP 5m head version, A rated £69.95
Cheapo CP 6m head version, A rated £74.95

Lowara Ecocirc 25-4 A rated, £74.95
Lowara Ecocirc 25-6 A rated, £79.95

Alpha 2L 15/50 £89
Alpha 2L 15/60 £109

Grundfos UPS2 £89.95

I brought up my merchants remaining pumps at £20 plus vat each for a bulk buy of 15. When I run out I'm gunna go cheapo. Not sure exactly what yet saw salus at around £70 plus vat for a rated. Grundfoss are to expensive now.

you had a bargain lol!

Not sure about Salus... I can imagine that's a nasty pump... Put the ball in the custards court..., decent grundfos or a cheapo pump!

I brought up my merchants remaining pumps at £20 plus vat each for a bulk buy of 15.

Your merchant was mad to let them go at that price. We are still getting full whack for our last remaining stock of non- A rated.

Result for you though!

i've just fitted a wilo yonos in my place a the 20+ year old grundfos was starting to get noisy. seems to be ok at the moment.

I know, I think it was because they had just got me as a new customer and wanted to show me how cheap they were. I did make the offer though. Now they just shaft me with expensive fittings and the odd part to make up for it. I hate it when merchants are never consistently cheap and try and blag you on things that terms aren't set up on.

Been keeping lowara on board for a while now, whilst saving the last of my stocks of old style pumps for oil combis.

No he isn't. But he has emailed that link to the buyer who handles pumps. :)

Thank Tamzw

Dont suppose you want to stock nozzles at sensible prices while you're at it.....
maidstone has got alot of oil boilers around it....

Dont suppose you want to stock nozzles at sensible prices while you're at it.....
maidstone has got alot of oil boilers around it....

No plans to. Once you start on spares there is no going back, and we don't have the expertise.

I get a good price on the grundfos alpha 2l which makes them a pound dearer than the ups2, all 15/60. I'll stick with the 2l as I've never had problems with them unlike the ups2.

There seems to be a new pump out every week now jumping on the bandwagon, some are probably tat, some good but you won't know for a year or two so I will let the industry do the testing and maybe move across when I get good reviews.

ray, I've heard that lowera are a bit of a handful when it comes to support etc? Would you agree?

Is that the 'I don't really want to answer that question' response or am I missing something?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

I have connected the secondary pump to a wifi...
Replies
Views
H
Hi there, thanks for your time to look at this...
Replies
Views
HRP123
H
The traditional 3 speed fixed settings which...
Replies
Views
You want to calculate the index circuit ( the...
Replies
Views
R
I dont know whether you ever got to the bottom...
Replies
Views
Back