Sponsored thread- what pump will be on the back of the van in 2014 | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Sponsored thread- what pump will be on the back of the van in 2014 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is that the 'I don't really want to answer that question' response or am I missing something?

What - "stick to the knitting" ?

No, it just means "concentrate on what you already know how to do".

Its my standard response when someone suggests we should get into spares, or electrical wholesaling or any other kind of diversification. They look like the same business, but they're not, and we lack the expertise to compete effectively on someone else's turf.

Grundfoss 25 60 from hwos. Its supposed to go in one of the oil combis. Cant remember the price but two on the van at the mo.

My thinking ray was with the nozzles would probably fit nicely into your website.

i fully understand that you need someone who knows what they are talking about when it comes to stocking spares though!

What - "stick to the knitting" ?

No, it just means "concentrate on what you already know how to do".

Its my standard response when someone suggests we should get into spares, or electrical wholesaling or any other kind of diversification. They look like the same business, but they're not, and we lack the expertise to compete effectively on someone else's turf.

The old jack of all trades and master of none i suppoee is the same stick to the knitting. :)

ray, I've heard that lowera are a bit of a handful when it comes to support etc? Would you agree?

Don't really have enough experience to comment yet.

We have only had 5 Lowara pumps returned under warranty - 4 of them the lighter duty model, and mostly with complaints of a whining noise. All credited no problem.

IIRC, Redsaw had a problem with his freebie, and the National Sales Manager for Lowara was pretty attentive, but I think Redsaw eventually concluded it was idiot customer syndrome.

How many units have you sold to put it into perspective?

Only a couple of hundred, so a return rate of about 2.5%. Or to be more accurate, about 4% on the 4m head version and 1% on the 6m head model, although I would not want to rely on stats drawn from such a small dataset.

This compares to 0.5% return rate on the old Grundfos 15/50 and 15/60. However, when a product has been in production for over 30 years, you do expect them to have ironed out any possible manufacting issues. Return rates usually drop over the first few years of a product lifecycle, until it reaches the level when it is no longer economic for the manufacturer to invest further in quality gains, because diminishing returns has set in.

I've been using lowwaaarraaa for a while now. Had one failure which the merchant swapped over for me. I went off Gruntfuss when the bumped the price of the standard pumps up to make the A rated more competitive.

Need to register. Can't view the site properly on my phone though.

Do you buy their pumps Tamz? Any good?

Circulating pumps are terrible see my post today, took me 20 mins to fix the connector for the wires
, garbage

I have come across those cheap pumps a few time absolute tat one only lasted for 8 months ffs customer thought that was expensive should have seen her face when I told her how much a grundfoss was lol.

I have come across those cheap pumps a few time absolute tat one only lasted for 8 months ffs customer thought that was expensive should have seen her face when I told her how much a grundfoss was lol.

Which pumps are you referring to dude?

Don't really have enough experience to comment yet.

We have only had 5 Lowara pumps returned under warranty - 4 of them the lighter duty model, and mostly with complaints of a whining noise. All credited no problem.

IIRC, Redsaw had a problem with his freebie, and the National Sales Manager for Lowara was pretty attentive, but I think Redsaw eventually concluded it was idiot customer syndrome.

yup!, cant fault that.
they offered to send the regional rep to the customers house to check and rectify any problems on my behalf. i told the customer who was complaining that she could hear the water movement after telling her she would, as her old pump had stopped working!!ffs!!
funily enough, i have not heard anything from her after declining the company visit that was weeks ago???lol

ps, i am leaning towards the cheapest on the market pump as a standard or leading brand if customer asks. i see it as a monoply thing to charge premium rates from the 'a' rated manu's at the moment and its not on imo!
a pump should never cost more than £85 inc for a 15/50!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

I have connected the secondary pump to a wifi...
Replies
Views
H
Hi there, thanks for your time to look at this...
Replies
Views
HRP123
H
The traditional 3 speed fixed settings which...
Replies
Views
You want to calculate the index circuit ( the...
Replies
Views
R
I dont know whether you ever got to the bottom...
Replies
Views
Back