Still Available For Work. | Gaining Plumbing Experience | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Still Available For Work. in the Gaining Plumbing Experience area at Plumbers Forums

Look, fair enough and I'm sorry that it caused admin hassles for you and Mark. I genuinely was trying to be constructive. I can't abide sloppy work, and for someone selling a service like web design to let bad spelling and grammar go, is like one of us slapping Denso over a leaking fitting and saying "That'll do"...

I will try and bite my tongue a bit more... :)

I was on the wind up Mas, to be perfectly honest and in the sanctity of the Arms, I agreed with you and Kev, They did look like a template.

If the discussion had been off open forum we would have let it run its course.

I stayed out it couldn't be arsed. The website hasn't brought me a single job in and I was less than impressed when he said he didn't do it seo So new year new objectives and too busy looking forward to India next month to get angry about it.

I thought the criticism was fair. Didnt have any dealings directly but what i saw was that the work was slow and the output not of the quality i would expect. Though the reaction was quite comical.

I think if it had gone on much longer you might have had to ban a former sponsor.

I would rather know if there is a problem so that i can fix it and also to stop it happening again.

Anyway, ive had my roast and if she doesnt get home soon i will be too pished to go to the pub. Once more to the fridge.

I dont think he did himself any favours in the way he handled constructive criticism. Struck me as very petulant.

Ive just read reds final word on the matter. Whilst I agree that sponsors should be respected, they in turn should be worthy of that respect.

I dont think anyone other than him was out of order. His client asked for a critique and he got it....

He couldnt take it. Plain and simple. Why did he want to see mine and masoods websites? He was obviously going to poke holes in the work of others to try and come off superior.

I would like to think that the mods would not turn a blind eye to sponsors acting in such a petty punitive manner simply because they pay to support the forum.

Whilst I agree that sponsors should be respected, they in turn should be worthy of that respect.

Respect is not something that you buy with a sponsorship cheque.

What that cheque buys is the right to get your message heard.

I would like to think that the mods would not turn a blind eye to sponsors acting in such a petty punitive manner simply because they pay to support the forum.

The mods have a really difficult balance to find. We all know how hard it is to judge the intent of an online comment which can seem harmless to one person, but offensive to another.

I certainly don't think that sponsors need special protection. If you come onto the interwebby to sell a product, you have to be prepared for the realities of online marketing. Sometimes it bites you on the bum.

Oh me I've missed all and have no idea what's went on, I did notice twd post saying he'd be stoping as a sponsor so I take it its to do with him, oh il have to go have a gander,,,,,,,,

I thought the criticism was fair. Didnt have any dealings directly but what i saw was that the work was slow and the output not of the quality i would expect. Though the reaction was quite comical.

I think if it had gone on much longer you might have had to ban a former sponsor.

I would rather know if there is a problem so that i can fix it and also to stop it happening again.

Anyway, ive had my roast and if she doesnt get home soon i will be too pished to go to the pub. Once more to the fridge.

Go on, enlighten me. So what happened with that post? I better go back and look for it.

If I remember correctly, I did say that post was GOING TO TURN NASTY:) If you look even closely, I posted ''likes'' to a few posters but tried not to get involved. WHY, I hear you ask? Because he would have done a Website for me. We went through all the formalities till he sent me something to fill or so. On closer look, it became obvious he was DEFINATELY using a template. I just tore up the invoice he had sent and stopped all communication with him. Besides, the length of time he took to do the ones he did was outrageous. Just my view. He told us all of a time scale, June/July, but by September, nothing??????

being we are a modern multicultural forum I object to the Pork discussion as it may be causing a few of the members to feel discriminated against by the majority.

Similar plumbing topics

The old adey ones had the same problems the...
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Bit late to the show but I would have beeen...
Replies
Views
done, but let's assume you didn't see that...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hello Sergiu I would use it, but it's hard to...
Replies
Views
Back