Stopping condensate waste freezing | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Stopping condensate waste freezing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

the gas fluing system goes to the first air break after the condensate trap. So if the trap is in the boiler and the outlet drops into a waste pipe, you can do what you like with the waste pipe even replace it with a bucket.
However all the building regs for drainage apply for the discharged water.

the gas fluing system goes to the first air break after the condensate trap. So if the trap is in the boiler and the outlet drops into a waste pipe, you can do what you like with the waste pipe even replace it with a bucket.
However all the building regs for drainage apply for the discharged water.
Thanks, that's clear enough.

My condensate waste has only frozen up once and caused the boiler to switch off, this was on a particularly cold night. I thought of the following way of stopping the boiler switching off in the event of it freezing up again. The pipe drops out of the boiler vertically and then runs horizontally for about 900mm before it goes through the external wall into the drain. If I was to put a tee in the horizontal run with the branch set at 45 degrees and put a bucket under the tee on very cold nights. If the pipe should freeze up then the condensate would still be able to run out through the tee and the boiler shouldn't then switch off. Does anybody see any problems with this idea
Yes I do see problems with this idea. What boiler do you have?

Similar plumbing topics

It seems to be a case of having to watch and...
Replies
Views
Many thanks for your detailed reply
Replies
Views
Thanks. I will look that up
Replies
Views
D
As above The Grant instructions tell you to...
Replies
Views
I heard of an accident a good few years back...
Replies
Views
Sharp Point
S
Back