stuck radiator bleed screw | UK Plumbers Forums | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss stuck radiator bleed screw in the UK Plumbers Forums area at Plumbers Forums

There is air at the top of our old radiator( probably fifty years old) in the first floor bedroom. Unfortunately the radiator bleed screw is stuck and does not respond to the small T type radiator key.
If I use pliers on the radiator key to apply extra leverage to try loosen the bleed screw, is it likely to strip the thread and cause a water leak?
Would appreciate any advice.
Thanks

Your more likely to bend or break the key before you strip the thread, if it's a struggle and the rest of your rads are similar try investing in a set of larger set of radiator spanners that will allow more leverage.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Closing the loop... I replaced the valve body...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Would say go for it, needs doing and it's...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Yes perhaps it has moved it. As for...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thanks. Sadly, I tried most of that when the...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi There Try clearing your browsing history...
2 3
Replies
Views
Back