Suggest gas combi boiler | Boilers | Page 6 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Suggest gas combi boiler in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Call me grumpy and old fashioned, but I think everyone is jumping on this band-wagon without thought for the consequences.

Its not a new technology, and the potential dangers of Di-Hi have been documented for years, even outside of the trade. W C Fields wrote a particularly pithy piece on the subject.

Last edited by a moderator:
Morning grumpy, I still prefer calling you the evil shopkeeper cos your a tease with your freebies lol.

does anyone else feel were getting to complicated in the methods we use to heat our homes you will need a degree to be a plumber within 5 years

My nephew has a degree but I had to show him how rawl plugs & screws work to fit a smoke alarm to the ceiling. Think it`s been said before that there is a generation that just don`t understand hand tools and fixings.

Call me grumpy and old fashioned, but I think everyone is jumping on this band-wagon without thought for the consequences.

Its not a new technology, and the potential dangers of Di-Hi have been documented for years, even outside of the trade. W C Fields wrote a particularly pithy piece on the subject.

The next time I'm over I'll take you to the pub so you can buy us a few single malts each.

I'll explain how DiHi can be utilised without worry or harm to the environment or bricks and mortar.

There is a bit of a fine balance in getting the volume correct but you'll thank me for the knowledge afterwards.

The next time I'm over I'll take you to the pub so you can buy us a few single malts each.

I'll explain how DiHi can be utilised without worry or harm to the environment or bricks and mortar.

There is a bit of a fine balance in getting the volume correct but you'll thank me for the knowledge afterwards.

If you post it in The Plumbers Arms I`ll buy you a virtual single malt mate, this is all new tech to me and I wanna know more about it.

Morning grumpy, I still prefer calling you the evil shopkeeper cos your a tease with your freebies lol.

He probably grew up watching ' Open all Hours ' ( is that the show with the shop keeper)
From memory - the shopkeeper didn't give anything away unless there was a profit in it for him.

What was the shopkeepers name?

Awkright, the late great Ronnie Barker. Little known fact is that he used to send in script ideas under a false name to be sure that they were used under merit alone and not just because he wrote them.

I bet you he's making a fortune out of supplying boiler manufacturers with up to date, minute by minute 'live' reviews of what plumbers think of their combi boilers.

does anyone else feel were getting to complicated in the methods we use to heat our homes you will need a degree to be a plumber within 5 years

You mean there's plumbers on here without a degree :0 I'm shocked... They should be removed from the site or something ;)

He probably grew up watching ' Open all Hours ' ( is that the show with the shop keeper)
From memory - the shopkeeper didn't give anything away unless there was a profit in it for him.

I'm afraid I was already grown up by then. When I was growing up, Ronnie Barker was in prison, doing Porridge.

Reminds me more of Aunty Wainwright from Last of the Summer Wine. Nobody escapes without buying something they never knew they needed! :D

This is my comparison:
http://i.*********/yYyEw1f.jpg

No solid winner here :(

Last edited:
This is insane, you are asking for the boiler that not only ticks all the boxes, but gets an a* in every box. This just doesn't exist. Same with cars, you can't have performance and efficiency. Yes there is a Tesla but you suffer from low range and lack of dealers for repairs.

Your spreadsheet lays out just a few of the features, what about warranty?, what about spare part costs? What if it doesn't fit a standard cupboard and you need to pay more for a bespoke cupboard.

Also your installer will know his preferred boilers and be comfortable with them, anything else will naturally take a bit longer

You could spend a year on this project and finally save £6.50 per annum only to realise that the money you have spent on powering up your laptop screen probably outweighs it.

Go with what your installer recommends, start shopping and Aldi and feel the savings. Everyone one is a winner then

Good advice Tom, I am smelling a wind up

Op, why? Just why? You've batted every single suggestion off, your not taking any of our advise. Are you just on here flexing your hugely annoying intellect?
I reckon you'll struggle to get an installer on board, anyone with any sense will run a mile.

i may have missed this somewhere but where are you located op?

Op, why? Just why? You've batted every single suggestion off, your not taking any of our advise. Are you just on here flexing your hugely annoying intellect?
I reckon you'll struggle to get an installer on board, anyone with any sense will run a mile.

I quite fancy the challenge actually.... :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Mains water temp certainly changes a lot...
Replies
Views
The Orion is about 65% efficient so not great...
Replies
Views
Thanks will try this out, appreciate the help
Replies
Views
Great summary and well done for getting it...
Replies
Views
The figure I see quoted quite often is a...
Replies
Views
Back