syphonic toilet | Boilers | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss syphonic toilet in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only push the rubber washer onto the end of stem & ease the cistern carefully down onto pan & the washer will push up the stem itself & make contact to it's proper place inside the pan. Don't put the cistern at any stage off level any direction!
You could try a glue for hard plastics on the bomb, but it's your decision. It won't get any stresses after you manage to fit the cistern.

Last edited:
One last quick question before I attempt this. Should I use the big rubber donut washer that comes with the new siphon or shall I reuse the old one ? I ask because they look different and maybe the one that comes with new siphon may restrict the bomb? Or is this not the case.

Last edited by a moderator:
One last quick question before I attempt this. Should I use the big rubber donut washer that comes with the new siphon or shall I reuse the old one ? I ask because they look different and maybe the one that comes with new siphon may restrict the bomb? Or is this not the case.

Usually the large donut washer is either rotted or moulded into the shape it got compressed into.
Critical that it seals for siphonic loos, but replace with proper size.
I do use the old washer sometimes tbh, but only if they are like new & I mark the front of them so to fit them in same position. Up to yourself, but you really only want to fix & refit the cistern once.

right then got my new siphon and ive seeled the the bomb where there crack was so here goes nothing

Well its fitted!
Couple of problems though when i flush the water is still rising up in the pan and also there is a dribble doWn the pan after flush then after about 5 mins it turns into a slight dribble and bowl has to do a squirt of water now and again to keep up water level :(

Im thinking i need to maybe order that new bomb?
also what would cause the constant dribble?

Also in the siphon kit there was a coupling nut and washer that screws on end of threaded part which i have not put on because ive put a siphon bomb on. should i still have put this nut on?? i cant see what help it would do and cant recall seeing one when i took old one off but i cant be 100 sure.

Sorry marc but i have to giggle
this is like watching a car crash in slow motion

atleast its only a toilet and not anything else :)

Like your perseverance with the issue. But as far as labour and materials go should have brought in a pro.

sorted dribble issue water level a mil to much for the new siphon.

still have issue of water riseing when flushed but water does do down better after the rise.

Back to the start again! Lol!
Forget about the small nut & washer - they are supplied with some new syphons incase for low level cisterns for connecting to a flush pipe.
If you have constant water dribbling into pan, you most likely haven't the syphon sealed properly into the cistern. Only other possibilities are water level too high for syphon or crack in syphon, but unlikely.

sorted dribble issue water level a mil to much for the new siphon.

still have issue of water riseing when flushed but water does do down better after the rise.

Water will rise a bit before going away on syhonic loos but if it goes too high then the bomb or/and
Donut washer are not sealing right.

taken it off and had a look this time took me 10 mins check me out lol!

reposited and cut steam a little and im confident as i can be it making good contact with bowl.
Cant see the big dounut washer being the problem its not budging off the big plastic nut.

Think next step id ordering a new bomb.

Best. you said you've done lots of these? Is the riseing water problem usualy down to faulty bomb? there'S a lot of cracks and splits on the plastic i have sealed them but still its not ideal and the rubber does not look the best to be fair.

Yea, usually the bomb washer is rotted or missing. You can buy washers that might do, but the stems can have different diameters, so probably better to fit a complete new bomb.
I have worked & used to fit siphonic loos the odd time & I always take a look at the loo before I think of starting to work at it to see if it is double siphonic type. A high up internal bowl or a larger than normal back of pan, sometimes with the shape of a double trap will indicate it's a siphonic loo.

1396540325029.jpg

Is that how it fits on? Or should the top open bit be inside siphon? Because that's how far it will go up and also as it is there in picture there is no way the bowl will sit on toilet it's well off even if I was to cut stem.

Hate those syhonic bogs... I'm glad the customer is doing this DIY because if a plumber had to take it apart, order bits & make multiple trips back to the property the bill would be big & the plumber accused of being a rip off!

In the rare chance I see one I will stay well away lol

No not at all and I was so exited when I got the part delivered. As in the photo that's how far it will go and absolutely no way will it go further :(

is the siphon Dudley.
no i got a cheap one in B and Q if you recall i asked earlyer in thread if these bombs would fit in any siphons? well guess i just found the answer :( unless theres a way to ram this thing up the one ive bought?

I remember and i said i wasn't sure, guess that's both of us learn t something :yesnod:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

1/4" from the bottom of the cistern sounds a...
Replies
Views
A few years ago I repaired my parents 35 year...
Replies
Views
That's my next job - lift the nearby lid up...
Replies
Views
The latest Geberit flush valves have an...
Replies
Views
I have a home with an oil boiler in a garage...
Replies
Views
Back