system boiler | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss system boiler in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

SafeGasInstall

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
just start work on a new contract , where all the plumbers have been sent home due to poor workmanship !

now my Q is regarding to a Y plan install ,

I always done return from hot water cylinder to be the last one before boiler . On this job I did see many different configuration and i am surprised of how people install Y plan brand new install boiler and cylinder !
all the systems have hw return about 3m away from boiler and ch return just under boiler .

how do you go about Y plan install ?

Yes hot water return last tee otherwise there is chance of reverse circulation.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

it looks about 20 installs have to be redone , problem all kitchens are fitted but systems are not commissioned

thanks , also there i see they have used flow to hwc to be from the bottom rather then the top

a basic y plan,no cold feed and vent shown just the last tee rule

Attachments

• 512px-Y-Plan-Water.jpg
    512px-Y-Plan-Water.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 18
just start work on a new contract , where all the plumbers have been sent home due to poor workmanship !

now my Q is regarding to a Y plan install ,

I always done return from hot water cylinder to be the last one before boiler . On this job I did see many different configuration and i am surprised of how people install Y plan brand new install boiler and cylinder !
all the systems have hw return about 3m away from boiler and ch return just under boiler .

how do you go about Y plan install ?

On ''s'' and ''y'' plans always tee hot water return ,in just above boiler under the floor,this stops it circulating around the rads,if a rad is just fitted in the bedroom above the boiler.Spent 10 years day in day out doing these.Once said years ago ''any idiot can fit a combi'' and now its come true.

As long as there is not a radiator tail tee'd off in between the hwc and the boiler it should be fine. The hw return and htg return have to join at some point. The further towards the boiler the better but i've tee'd them in further back before with no issues, like I say as long as you don't have a radiator return tee'd in between.

it looks about 20 installs have to be redone , problem all kitchens are fitted but systems are not commissioned

I had this on a site before. It's cos builders use the companies that benefit their back pockets instead of using decent companies.

I had about 30 finished houses with back flow on the cylinder. What a pain.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

thanks.... yes, so my diagram and wording is...
2 3
Replies
Views
Great summary and well done for getting it...
Replies
Views
I'm inclined to adopt the occam's razor...
Replies
Views
Back