System boiler | Boilers | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss System boiler in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doesn't stop Vaillants being popular! Most awkward, overly complicated UI ever.

Good point well made! They are living off the reputation gained when they really were top-notch boilers...

I was under the impression that the intergas timer was a pain in the backside?

No more difficult than programming a Honeywell programmer or prog. room stat. But then I normally quote for a prog. room stat to provide an interlock.

I'm still waiting for the opportunity to fit one, but considering there's no one stocking them near me, and the warranty is poor for the great untrained, I can't see how I could sell it tbh.

If you speak to the rep, they will put you on the 5-year warranty scheme pending training (which is 1/2 a day). I haven't done the formal training yet but all mine have had 5 years as I pointed out that the reason for not doing the training was that all the courses were fully booked for ages!

The modern valiant literature is virtually un follow able. Introduction see frame 20.3.2 ( last page) refers u to frame 3.4.2 ( second to middle page )

Good point well made! They are living off the reputation gained when they really were top-notch boilers...

No more difficult than programming a Honeywell programmer or prog. room stat. But then I normally quote for a prog. room stat to provide an interlock.

If you speak to the rep, they will put you on the 5-year warranty scheme pending training (which is 1/2 a day). I haven't done the formal training yet but all mine have had 5 years as I pointed out that the reason for not doing the training was that all the courses were fully booked for ages!

Good to know, cheers Mas

You can get them in plumbase in ham mutley, it's by screwfix if you know where that is, dunno about price though

where do you buy yours from mas? And what are they price like for a 28kw combi

I buy mine from a local independent called City Plumbing (Not City Plumbing Supplies who are part of Travis Perkins!)

Works out at £702.90 ex VAT (£843.48 inc) for a HRE Compact 24/18, standard or offset flue and jig. They have an inbuilt timer if you want to save a few quid but I always quote for a Honeywell programmable room stat.

I buy mine from a local independent called City Plumbing (Not City Plumbing Supplies who are part of Travis Perkins!)

Works out at £702.90 ex VAT (£843.48 inc) for a HRE Compact 24/18, standard or offset flue and jig. They have an inbuilt timer if you want to save a few quid but I always quote for a Honeywell programmable room stat.

Mas do you find flow rates better than whats on the spec?

Mas do you find flow rates better than whats on the spec?

I do to be honest Billy. Not a massive difference but for example the 24/18 quotes 8.5 lt/min at 35 deg delta. I was getting 9.5-10 at 35 deg temp rise. Similar at 25 deg rise - proportionately it's about 2 lt/min better. The last few I fitted were just before Xmas, and then 2nd week in Jan so incoming was pretty cold as well...

The last time i was putting one in was the summer and off a 24/18 it was 11 at 35 degree rise.

i thought that was the spec of it but i was surprised to see what it actually was on paper.

Does the ch and hot water run together on an IG?

I'm not sure Tom - never though about it TBH, but as there is no diverter I see no reason why not. Will have to ask their tech guys, it's an interesting one! :)

These IG boilers sounding very similar to a ferroli domicompact 24f

Never clapped eyes on one Mas. Not to many of them sold up this way.

They're not that well known down here either mate, but people are liking what they see when I show them the spec and price... Ugly boilers though I'll be honest. The condense trap hangs down like an udder and the optional cover costs another £25...

Need to give one a go. I remember having to work on a system that had one and am sure it was a mission to get all the air out. It was with an f&e. So I just wacked hose on bottom rad valve and back filled until water was pouring out the overflow

Does the ch and hot water run together on an IG?

I'm not sure Tom - never though about it TBH, but as there is no diverter I see no reason why not. Will have to ask their tech guys, it's an interesting one! :)

Can't do, without sacrificing the performance of both. A kilowatt is still a kilowatt, and if you send half of it down the heating flow, then you only have half a kilowatt for hot water, and we all know what a 14 or 15 kw combi would be like.

If there is no diverter, I imagine it just turns the pump off so there is no circulation on the heating when there is DHW demand?

Can't do, without sacrificing the performance of both. A kilowatt is still a kilowatt, and if you send half of it down the heating flow, then you only have half a kilowatt for hot water, and we all know what a 14 or 15 kw combi would be like.

If there is no diverter, I imagine it just turns the pump off so there is no circulation on the heating when there is DHW demand?

It flicks the pump off if i remember right from the training day :)

Fair point. I hadn't thought it through!

Not the first to use that tecnique. Amongst others, the Glowworm Express was an early Glowworm combi with a similar design, although in hard water areas it would scale up in 6 months.

Then the Radiant Midy used a better version of the design using a co-ax pipe in the main hex, but with the DHW in the inner pipe, which solved the scale problem. That worked better, but other issues killed the brand in the UK.

Hi All
which system boilers are you all fitting and why , got a install to do and trying to get away from the WB !

cheers
I have a Gloworm in my gaff ,and have fitted a few seem to be better than GW combi's, not had any callbacks the kid I sub for pushes em,but GW cut back on the eco last week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

A
Are you sure it’s still vented? Should have...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Turned out to be a dirty flame eye inside the...
Replies
Views
Hi, thanks for the reply, that did cross my...
Replies
Views
That looks like excessive wear on the housing...
2 3
Replies
Views
Stick with heat only. You most probably still...
Replies
Views
Back