Systemate2000, noisy pump and strage smell. Please help! | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Systemate2000, noisy pump and strage smell. Please help! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

JonMartin

Hi, new to this forum, know less than nothing about heating/plumbing, etc. so please bear with me.

We have a Systmate2000 central heating system - the cylinder sits in the airing cupboard and the boiler (Ideal Classic) in the kitchen. There was a a leak (dripping pipe next to the boiler) which meant that over a few days the pressure would drop, the central heating pump would make buzzing noise and heating would stop working. (Hot water was fine.) Engineer suggested replacing a couple of pumps (and identified and fixed (tightened a screw) the leak).

With two new pumps (central heating and hot water) in place, things were fine for a few days but now hot water pump started making buzzing noise. Engineer suggested a system flush (at £400). Must mention that over the period of a couple weeks there was a bit of switching on / off of the system.

Yesterday, there was a smell (burning plastic although not as unpleasant) coming from the airing cupboard. Tried to work out what it could be - found a couple of wires that were very close to a hot pipe and appear to have some evidence of 'melting' although I'm pretty be sure they are not the source of the smell - moved them away from a safe distance anyway.

Switched off the system this morning (but some of the pipes are still this evening!).

However, the smell is still there.

Really stressed! (Have had two different engineers in and now have Gledhill, makers of the Systemate2000 finding an engineer but it may take a few days.)

My only concern at the moment is the smell - any help huuuuuuuuuuugely appreciated. (Don't want to call out the fire engines just yet!)

Jon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

A condensing boiler is high efficiency, and...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
A simple thing i'd probably check is the...
Replies
Views
Everything working fine on PP mode - thanks...
Replies
Views
Yes , the internal diameter on those hoses...
Replies
Views
Back