Tap off hot water pipe for my basin to shower ? | Showers and Wetrooms Advice | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Tap off hot water pipe for my basin to shower ? in the Showers and Wetrooms Advice area at Plumbers Forums

Hi,
I have an Electric shower (cold incoming pipe only) in my en-suite shower unit and due to all the usual problems would prefer to add a a cold pipe (so I can install a non-electric unit) from the hot water feeding the basin which sits next to the shower cubicle. The heating system is Gas combi boiler. Just wondering if I can do this without any issues or if there could be any problems with it - I know that if this was being done from scratch would be best to run directly from the boiler to shower but they are a long way apart and would be a lot of work to run a new pipe that far.
Thanks,
J

Provided the hot water is provided directly by the combi, and not via a hot water cylinder (very unlikely), then there should be no problems. You will of course have to replace the electric shower with a mixer shower and make the electrics safe.

It would be wise to check the flow rate of both hot and cold supplies, and the dynamic cold water pressure and buy a shower which will operate within these figures.

Upvote 0

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
HI Basher UPDATE ; I found a seal kit!! as...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I have to admit that I don't know what a 60...
Replies
Views
J
  • Question
Electrical shower problems I have installed a...
Replies
Views
Johnales
J
  • Question
I've just read your thread. Most decent...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I don't see your comments?
Replies
Views
Back