tescos | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss tescos in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been in this industry for 38 years, self employed for 20 in July. I do ok and have a good turnover and customer base but profits are dropping in the past few years and i am not getting any younger but working as hard as i did 20 years ago.
I had an offer last year to run contracts and turned it down but when i think about it, if i had taken it, i could make as much as i do now with less stress and still have lots on top if i wanted to.
It might come to it because as i get older i have less tolerance of things and i want an easier life.
We'll see.

next asda will be jumpin on the bandwagon, its a really tough market out there

and they guarantee to be 10% cheaper than all the rival companies...regards turnpin
icon7.png

Are you sure it's boilers they're selling and not stuff to fix boils?
Worcester and nappy cream at the self service check out.

and if eveyone joined together and vowed never to buy a bosch ever again?.

well known business ethics here, never put all your eggs into one tesco basket!.

Well.. I for one are not going to be beat by this corporate onslaught. BG are the main player in my area and they are crap, not an issue. TESCO can "come ahead" as far as I'm concerned because the only guys I fear in this game are the guys who are on a par with me, and none of them will work for this corporate crap and their dismal rates!..
It may actually take some new players out of the game which is a welcome addition, dunno how they are going to beat the small guys on price unless they do a loss leader but judging on the rates they pay the small guy I wont have anything to worry about as the quality will be their downfall.. Matt Alwright & his pal better get their bike dusted down cos I predict a barriage of calls.

i have just read this tesco stuff in a magazine, i think its just another large company taking the bread and butter out of our mouths and i think we should be concerned. almost everyone is offering to insure your heating and plumbing systems these
days and its not good news for the one man band and small companys.
i have been in business on my own for 30 years and i have never known such a quite spell as i am right now and can only put it down to the reasons mentioned.

Supaplum, you nicking my status mate? Aint getting a shot of the suit pictured left though!

ha ha ! i like it, now you have shown me that im gonna get it all over my van. seriously it looks a bit too much like a yoga exercise for me. tried it last week and couldnt do it

But they give Clubcard points, can you offer the same incentive lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Not anymore. Youngest went 3 months ago at 24...
Replies
Views
I dislike many of the household cleaners on...
Replies
Views
An expensive but luckily non fatal mistake...
Replies
Views
  • Question
So, looks like the Sense Guard isn’t that...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Yep there spot on for a good quality but price...
Replies
Views
Back