The most expensive toilet ever? | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss The most expensive toilet ever? in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

cr0ft

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Just had a customer spend £647 on a back to wall toilet, soft close seat and concealed cistern!! Ridiculous.

Not villoroy and bosch by any chance...fitted a couple in the past very expensive regards Turnpin:confused5:

It's from the Atlanta Bathrooms catalogue. The soft close seat is £177 lol.

Fitted a wall hung bog earlier this year. One of those that washes your backside with warm water then cleans itself.
Customer paid just over £2000 !!!!

Fitted a wall hung bog earlier this year. One of those that washes your backside with warm water then cleans itself.

Done a few of em before first one I did was when I was doing wet-rooms for you he council had the contract manager standing over me panicking

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 88
Looks a horrid toilet ! I prefer my throne with high level cistern

Did you christen it for them? Its an important part of the commissioning process......[emoji38]

I think bathroom suites are like cars, - there's a sensible limit to what you need to spend to get decent design & quality. I told a friend to avoid buying expensive loos & just get a mid priced nearly back to wall loo. She bought a Twyfords Gallerie loo with soft close seat, all for £195 inc vat. The pan has a raised part in its mould where the cistern sits which gives it a quality look & easier to keep clean.

I think bathroom suites are like cars, - there's a sensible limit to what you need to spend to get decent design & quality. I told a friend to avoid buying expensive loos & just get a mid priced nearly back to wall loo. She bought a Twyfords Gallerie loo with soft close seat, all for £195 inc vat. The pan has a raised part in its mould where the cistern sits which gives it a quality look & easier to keep clean.

i agree.
after 150-200 notes it all becomes style over substance. in essence you are paying for some overpaid plonker to re-invent the wheel.

Or layers and layers of middle men selling the stuff to each other! One of the things that annoys me with supplying bathrooms is paying a decent price is not always an indication of good quality.

Or layers and layers of middle men selling the stuff to each other! One of the things that annoys me with supplying bathrooms is paying a decent price is not always an indication of good quality.

yep, i buy a lot of cheap bogs usually the g2 bog and basin that seems to be in just about every catalogue for about 90quid.

my local independent asked one of his suppliers for a slightly better quality bog and basin. he sent a load of them on a pallet, turned out it was exactly the same bog and basin but put in a full colour printed box and sold for an extra 20 quid.

i spotted it straight away and he sent them all straight back lol

Just had a customer spend £647 on a back to wall toilet, soft close seat and concealed cistern!! Ridiculous.

Just think what your customer would think of you if they read this post!!!!!

I for one, believe that what the customer spends their money on is their business.

They may have spent 6 times the amount on their toilet and cistern rather than putting in a bog standard model.

At the end of the day, that's what they want.

Who are you to to call them 'ridiculous'.

They obviously have money, so I would be doing all I can for them.
They obviously don't mind paying more for something they want......

Will they want you to work for them next time???

Just think what your customer would think of you if they read this post!!!!!

I for one, believe that what the customer spends their money on is their business.

They may have spent 6 times the amount on their toilet and cistern rather than putting in a bog standard model.

At the end of the day, that's what they want.

Who are you to to call them 'ridiculous'.

They obviously have money, so I would be doing all I can for them.
They obviously don't mind paying more for something they want......

Will they want you to work for them next time???

I'm sorry but your post comes across very confrontational. Rather than jump to conclusions about me thinking my customers are 'ridiculous' why not PM me first to check if that's what I meant (I never said that). I was implying that the price of the toilet was ridiculous, not that my customers are. My customers can of course spend whatever they want on a loo, the more the better from my perspective as it means more profit ultimately.

I have not identified the customer in any way, I was more bemused that there are toilets out there for that price.

By jumping to conclusions about what I've written without checking with me first it just makes you look a bit daft!

I value all of my customers very highly (well 99% of them, there's always the 1% we could do without :)) and do everything I can to make sure they are happy with jobs we do for them and so use us again.

Please remember that this is a private area of the forum for plumbers to have a bit of banter and a laugh/unwind.

Last edited:
Don't do a lot of bathrooms but fitted the 'Ceramica' bath from plumbworld.
Think it was less than £90 - was imrpessed with it. Not like the crap I've fitted from the likes of b&q

Never mind the most expensive. I have the worlds rarest toilet upstairs. Halo back to wall. You try buying one... Yes they are advertised pretty widely however after mine which would seem to be the last one in existence I've tried to order a few more for customers and there's a 6 month back order on them.

I'm sorry but your post comes across very confrontational. Rather than jump to conclusions about me thinking my customers are 'ridiculous' why not PM me first to check if that's what I meant (I never said that). I was implying that the price of the toilet was ridiculous, not that my customers are. My customers can of course spend whatever they want on a loo, the more the better from my perspective as it means more profit ultimately.

I have not identified the customer in any way, I was more bemused that there are toilets out there for that price.

By jumping to conclusions about what I've written without checking with me first it just makes you look a bit daft!

I value all of my customers very highly (well 99% of them, there's always the 1% we could do without :)) and do everything I can to make sure they are happy with jobs we do for them and so use us again.

Please remember that this is a private area of the forum for plumbers to have a bit of banter and a laugh/unwind.

I will endeavor to PM you prior to posting any comments to your threads in the future.

Just to clarify.

With the statement ' ridiculous '. What were you alluding to?

Ridiculously expensive toilet suites are usually bought by ' ridiculously' wealthy people, 'ridiculously' vane people, ' ridiculously' eccentric people and 'ridiculously' ridiculous people.

The best part about this is that they are usually installed by...

....'Ridiculously' expensive plumbers.

I hope you are in the last category....

Love,

Confrontational.....Daft..... Inciting....Provocative.....Conclusion Jumping...........Miserable .................................................

Australian Plumber!!!:oops:

Last edited:
I would certainly much rather PM someone than wrongly make assumptions about what they've written, that would just be common sense to me and would indeed stop me looking daft on a public forum.

Can't be bothered to say any more on the subject, I come on here to chill out, not to argue the toss with people who don't like what I say.

I think I've already made clear that I was calling the toilet ridiculously expensive. If that causes offence to you then I am indeed sorry and if you choose to take that as me saying my customers are ridiculous that is your right. It's not something I've said though so please don't make out I'm alluding to that.

I also don't really think that prolonged bickering between us on this thread is a good thing for the forum users in general so I'm more than happy to chat on PM but I won't discuss any issues you have with what I write any further on here. That way we can all get back to enjoying the forum (which is brilliant) without any bickering in public!

Last edited:
£647? Is that all? ;)

I've just installed a set of bathroom taps with shower attachment that were a bargain - I even managed to get £150 off the price. I got them down to just £750.

Job done. :)

And no, they weren't gold plated.

Sorry, but I think over 600 quid on a crapper is ridiculous. Imho.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Pop the chrome bezel off if you see where the...
Replies
Views
Was the new pan fitted with a flexible waste...
Replies
Views
It's the bottom one, floorstanding. It's a...
Replies
Views
C
Lusso is a load of Rubbish. There customer...
Replies
Views
Nearest I can find at the moment . Kop
Replies
Views
Back