The worst plumbing invention ever..... | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Page 3 | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

• Thread starter Guest123
  • Start date
  • Replies 121
  • Views 18K

Discuss The worst plumbing invention ever..... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
And the worse about them is whenever you thought you have shaped them halfway reasonably there is just another one.

Another terrible idea is those plastic "L" shaped brackets used to fix loos to the floor.

And those snap/fit 15mm/10mm reducers which cost £1.50 each. Rip off and they don't work very well. Usually on the downstairs radiators which adds to the doom and gloom.

I hate those things with a passion.

I got one. I actually use it quite a lot. Not for loo seats though but for the wingnuts on close coupled cisterns.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
I bin the wing nuts and use standard hexagonal stainless steel nuts instead and use a socket wrench to tighten them. Done in seconds mate.

Timeclocks ever worked on a job that had one? a good whack with a pair of 24's soon sorts them out

I got one. I actually use it quite a lot. Not for loo seats though but for the wingnuts on close coupled cisterns.

I just use my fingers on them.....you see now I feel like a tough guy!! LOL.

I bin the wing nuts and use standard hexagonal stainless steel nuts instead and use a socket wrench to tighten them. Done in seconds mate.

I don't use it for assembling. I use it to loosen stubborn ones. Easy to grip and exerts more leverage than fingers on the small nuts. Especially on those bogs where you have to reach around the ceramic and stuff your hand up the back :)

uploadfromtaptalk1347399463550.jpg

I hate these things! Made a right mess of this one and I've fitted loads.

Yeah, they're crap. I know it means the fitting (whatever it may be) can have nice clean lines. But it also means that it relies on a poxy grub screw to fix it to the wall.

I would be tempted to agree(no I didn't do a 12 week wonder course). However, if you did do one of these courses and you thought you would make an overnight fortune then I bet they soon changed their minds when the first tricky job they encountered went titz up !!
:oops:

Todays job was......replacing a stuck gate valve on a hot shower feed in a loft. I did the change over live as I didn't want to turn off any more gate valves in case they stuck too. I also couldn't get access to plug the storage tank either as it was on a stool and tight to the eaves (what muppet installed that!). I put a few towels under the old gate valve, and a plastic containe, cracked it open and slipped the new one on quickly and the changeover was done in a minute with very little water.

Worst invention is those poxy doc lockshields where the screw which releases the water is inside the hose spigot .....
DOH! :rolleyes:

Agreed! Most pointless thing EVER!! Have got them on my valves in my flat and not allowed to change them!! Not that I ever will but asked anyway

My house is on drops and has em too. Pain in the rse!:)

What about htose rad valves with the flow AND return on the same valve, they gotta be one of the stupidest and ugliest inventions out there.

Concealed wc cisterns with bottom feed float valves is just plain stupid.

I've got one. Fitted it a few years back. It's great, makes it much easier for cleaning. I used the metal frame and it's fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Thanks for posting the picture... Maybe it was...
Replies
Views
N
  • Question
It sounds like you have a cylinder and cold...
Replies
Views
A
  • Question
Hi there, I recently purchased a flat that...
Replies
Views
Amelia
A
  • Question
Hi Did you ever find out what the issue was?
Replies
Views
Alpha 2/3 manual. Shows variant with air...
Replies
Views
Back