Thermostatic douche(bidet) letting out boiling water | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Thermostatic douche(bidet) letting out boiling water in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

vdsouza

I have recently put a thermostatic douche(bidet spray) for the toilet but its just letting out boiling water. The douche specification says "If the cold water fails, for example, and the hot is too high a temperature, then the valve will not let the water through" but its just doing the opposite i.e. letting boiling water through.

The plumber has removed the tiling to check whats wrong and I can see the hot water and the cold water are connected to the correct sides of the inlet. Plumber has no idea what the issue is. Any ideas on what the problem could be or troubleshooting advice.

This is exactly the one that has been fitted from team supplies itself. 100% sure that the left has hot and right has cold as the tiles are now broken and I can feel the hot and cold pipe inlets.

Plumber broke open the tiles as there was a leak in the cold water part entering the douche which he fixed. Hadnt tested it before today. Today was the first day he fitted everything together after which I could test it and its just spitting out boiling water.

Modern day bidet's, vile contraptions, i cringe when i see them installed, look to the wall and see brown grout and fecal matter blown all over the underside of the toilet :dead::dead:

Shouldn't even be fitted in this country unless it's on a dedicated supply from a break tank, which I doubt.

Hi Mike - these wc - bidet conversions are all the rage with older people
and old plumbers

- as you know we do loads of Mc Carthy Stone props - I will get the spec together
for you the cheap ones are basically bog seat convests and NOT GOOD

centralheatking
Shouldn't even be fitted in this country unless it's on a dedicated supply from a break tank, which I doubt.

if the feeds are the correct way round and it is flowing out boiling water then it is a faulty unit. If it is just spitting it out when on full blast then its is likely a blockage on the cold side and a cheap thermostatic cartridge letting too much hot through

Call the manufacturer? Obviously a problem with the unit.
Even if the piping was hooked up in reverses,the thermostatic cartridge / sensor should stop the foe of hot water,'
If it is a faulty tap - get the manufacturers / suppliers to pay for the repairrs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Unfortunately i'm away offshore with work now...
Replies
Views
PH is 7.5. Chloride is 194. The last water...
Replies
Views
The filter cartridge doesn’t have a wrapper on...
Replies
Views
Not if the cylinder is already satisfied, and...
2 3
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
At the moment when you move the hot water...
Replies
Views
Back