Thermostatic electric shower cutting out due to low pressure | Showers and Wetrooms Advice | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Thermostatic electric shower cutting out due to low pressure in the Showers and Wetrooms Advice area at Plumbers Forums

JTplumbingservices

Gas Engineer
So I was asked to go look at a job today I was told 3 plumbers have been at previously with the same issue still occurring.
Shower is cutting out completely with the low pressure light on when the basin or sink tap is turned on.
I’ve managed to have them all working together by shutting down the ballofix valves on each tap but this isn’t ideal as pressure wasn’t great to start with.
I can’t see how it’s piped as it’s all done behind the walls.
All I can think is with the pressure not being amazing to begin with maybe the shower is the last connection on the run and opening something before it is leaving very little water to reach it.
Last 3 plumbers have fitted new showers.
Thoughts guys ?
Cheers

ALL electric showers with a integral pump are designed to be gravity (tank) fed.
They are usually installed where mains pressure is poor, a mains supplied electric shower requires ~ a sustained 0.8/1.0 bar at 8 LPM.
You could possibly/probably run it on mains if the pressure was reduced to ~ 0.5/1.0 bar via a PRV but this is not recommended.
Most, if not all "care" type showers will be tank fed because any temporary interruption in the mains pressure will not immediately affect the shower performance.

I don’t knew why but I’m just getting notifications for this now.
I don’t know why you think it’s a pumped shower and tank fed?
It’s mains fed and not pumped.

Upvote 0

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
I have to admit that I don't know what a 60...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I don't see your comments?
Replies
Views
  • Question
Sounds to me that the 15mm pipe that you are...
Replies
Views
Essaboy
E
  • Question
What is your source of hot water? What bar...
Replies
Views
K
  • Question
Or, the electric shower can be replaced with a...
Replies
Views
Back