Things i need for a Plumbing tool kit | Plumbing Tools | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Things i need for a Plumbing tool kit in the Plumbing Tools area at Plumbers Forums

P

pana37

hi all after posting on this great forum i have decided to go for Copper pipes to fit a totally new central heating. before anyone says i wont be touching any gas!
already have 22mm and 15mm pipe slice.
Question i wanted to ask is.
i need to buy Lead free solder and Flux with a built in brush, are there any particular brands i should go for? or are they all the same?

looking to buy map gas from toolstation linky
what other things i need besides normal diy tools

thanks in advance..

cool the pipe after soldering?
You should really let the pipe cool down naturally, spraying cold water onto it while hot could ultimately give you a bad joint.

Heat mat = will buy
footprints = whats this?
small damp rag for cleaning up joints = yep have already
spray bottle of water just incase = yep have already
deburrer 15mm 22mm 28mm = will buy
GOOD blow tourch and mapp gas heats quicker = yes looking into map gas the piezo torch is the expensive bit
jimmy bar = yep have already
cheap saw = yep have already
flux brushes more then one = will buy, was wondering if i can get brush built in the flux?
benders = will buy
spade drill bits = i dont have a drill stop sds drill mines rotary drill :(
sds drill sds bits raw plug size and 16mm and 24mm long sds bits = have some will buy others
core drills = do you mean for boiler flue? if so will leave this for gas safe eng.
tape measure = yep have already
pencils = yep have carpenter ones :)
sharpie marker pen to mark pipes = good idea
hammer = yep have already
cordless = yep have already
open tote tool bag to carry it all in :punk: = have something similar
hire or borrow a pipe tester wet or dry = how do you mean? pressure testing?
radio = for music? then yes lol
pipe clips fittings = which are better the ones like a C shape with screw in middle or cable style with nail in it?
PIPE LOL= almost forgot that, lol are copper pips thinner than say 10 years ago (read somewhere they may be)
lagging = for loft? if so no pipes will be in the loft
level = yep have already
angle drill attachment if your posh = i guess i wont need this as i will be using copper? will have to notch the joist out, although may use (see how it goes) in 15mm in small area
camera for our pleasure = i will try my best yes
pain killer kneeling pad or knee pad or even propper work bottoms with knee pads = yep have already
id use lead free solder = ok are all lead free solders the same?
ptfe = yep have already was also going to get Fernox LFX stuff to doubly make sure for compression near rads.
paste = flux?
grips = pipe wrench?
thanks for list

(footprints) old school grips with lots of uses
Buy a rothenburger supper fire 2 blow torch
use powerflow flux best flux out there even helps clean the joints when heated
flux brushes are pennys each think about 20p each
SDS drill propper drill with grunt you will need this
pressure testing pipe work at the end of first fix (will need pust fit stop ends)
clips c shape with screw in the middle i use the ones that slot together
angle drill is a maybe when i didnt have one i needed one
leaded solder is leaded solder and lead free is lead free id use lead free as you cant use leaded solder on drinking water
rather then buying two lots???
flux is for soldering paste if for threaded joint olives
benders are a must or if your up for it use bending springs

basin wrench
pack of different washers
small led work light you WILL need and USE this more then you think
good screw head for cordless
solvent weld cement for waste pipes
hose pipe
jublee clip for hose pipe
are you power flushing it all at the end (power flusher) ((HIRE)) ask your plumber
rad alen key/bleed key or use footprints:smilewinkgrin:
dust sheets if needed

brain has gone to mush need food BRB

Last edited by a moderator:
I really think he's on a mission from another forum or something to see how far he gets.

i like the kopex 15/22mm cleaner/deburrer tried the plastic one just fall apart
its a good rythem to get into measuring cutting cleaning soldering then cleaning agen
remember flux the pipe not the fittings.and use a fitting bush just to clean off any crap from machining

Similar plumbing topics

• Winner
  • Question
What a great and informative post! Thanks for...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Here's an attachment of the PDF if people are...
Replies
Views
  • Question
OK, I'm spotting a theme here :) Thanks...
Replies
Views
I have connected the secondary pump to a wifi...
Replies
Views
H
Hi there, thanks for your time to look at this...
Replies
Views
HRP123
H
Back