Thinking of a tablet for work | Gaining Plumbing Experience | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Thinking of a tablet for work in the Gaining Plumbing Experience area at Plumbers Forums

bright spark

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hello lads, was thinking of getting a tablet for work just for basic use. Sending/reading emails, storing boiler catalogues. That kinda thing really. Use an old laptop with mobile broadband at d mo. Getting old, not banjaxxed yet. Want something a bit handier to carry and store.
Many ideas would be appreciated. I was told a Samsung galaxy tab is pretty good

I bought the wife a 10" Galaxy Tab 3 recently - she used to have an ipad but she loves galaxy tablet.

I'd definitely recommend it but I'd say get a 10" as the 7" models tend to be a bit fiddly with the on screen keyboard occupying too much of the screen.

I bought the wife a 10" Galaxy Tab 3 recently - she used to have an ipad but she loves galaxy tablet.

I'd definitely recommend it but I'd say get a 10" as the 7" models tend to be a bit fiddly with the on screen keyboard occupying too much of the screen.

10" is always better than 7" so the missus always tells me. Funny really because I don't think she owns a tablet... Puzzled... :D

Ive been looking at all the really cheap ones. I dont need one with 3/4G as half the time I dont get phone signal nevermind internet. All I want one for really is for boiler manuals as I have an iphone for emails but the screen is just too small for looking through manuals and I have too much music on it to download loads of boiler manuals.

In my experience of tablets - you buy cheap you buy twice. I wouldn't waste my time with a sub par model unless you want to be dealing with apps crashing all the time or a laggy transition between screens etc.

Always best to search youtube and check reviews of performance.

One thing you can't argue about is the reliability of Apple devices - they tend to not crash & don't get a virus. I went to the big pc store at Christmas 2012 period to buy a mid priced tablet for my other half & they had sold out of the iPad mini. All the staff that came over to me, (there were several because of Christmas) told me exactly same story - buy Apple because it's the best for anti virus.

Similar plumbing topics

Don’t know what he’s talking about as the...
Replies
Views
I'd check with your provider, not all networks...
Replies
Views
Hi lads and lasses, I’m a newly qualified...
Replies
Views
No, I believe you absolutely. My own problem...
Replies
Views
Drilling joists is very rare and absolutely...
Replies
Views
Back