thorn apollo timer needed | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

• Thread starter PlumbBobBob
  • Start date
  • Replies 38
  • Views 10K

Discuss thorn apollo timer needed in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
At least we old blokes are good for something

no pop intended its good we online mates

as i said there's two boilers this thorn and another one for the hot water i saw it last year when they moved in. if i recall correctly there is a pump under the thorn. the hot water boiler has replaced the cylinder i think it is a hot water only combi as there is only cwsc in loft.

as i said there's two boilers this thorn and another one for the hot water i saw it last year when they moved in. if i recall correctly there is a pump under the thorn. the hot water boiler has replaced the cylinder i think it is a hot water only combi as there is only cwsc in loft.

so the appolo drives the heating and a multipoint geyser type boiler does the hot water? now thats weird the apolo could drive a cylinder what a rubbish way to fit a system in that case steve you just need a basic single channel clock

it looks like the other boiler is mounted where the cylinder used to be one side of the window in a bedroom and the other thorn on the other side of the window in the same room.

been today to fit the new timer. got a horstmann centaurplus c17 in the end. have tried wiring it up but came to a dead end can anyone help please. which set of wires do i connect to, there are three pump, live to boiler and thermostat i think. in the apollo wiring diagram it says if fitting an external controller to remove a link between hw and on had a look but there isn't one i could see.

if the existing clock works on continous you can leave it in situ
wire the new clockwith a live and neutral to the motor and use the clock switch to break the wire to the switch live on boiler this is assuming that the boiler is purely doing heating and needs a time switch rather than a programmer

Last edited:
ignore the thermostat in the drawing steve

Attachments

• images heat only.jpg
    images heat only.jpg
    9.4 KB · Views: 15
thanks mark so to be clear in my fuddled mind lol. you take lne feed from same feed as boiler? and use thermo as switching wires? this a bit different from y plans lol

thanks mark so to be clear in my fuddled mind lol. you take lne feed from same feed as boiler? and use thermo as switching wires? this a bit different from y plans lol
live from boiler or anywhere else its common on the boiler circuit then intercept the switched live wire one end into the boiler S/L and into clock the other from the other terminal on the boiler into the clock you will have to trace what goes where on the boiler but basically your making a switch mains in, live in live out

just to let you know wired correctly today and working very well thanks for the help. i was having a blond moment on monday lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

I would agree, but only if the high stat were...
Replies
Views
To be honest I have an opinion regarding uni...
Replies
Views
My mother has a rented-out property at the...
Replies
Views
I feel for you, it's a bad position to be in...
Replies
Views
P
Baxi boilers are light and quiet but I doubt...
Replies
Views
Back