Thoughts on halstead eden vbx 18 boiler | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Thoughts on halstead eden vbx 18 boiler in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all
Looking to replace our halstead best 60 boiler, any thoughts on a halstead eden vbx 18 boiler, being sold new for £435.00 including flue and delivery.
Only reason replacing the old boiler is it keeps on kettling had it de-scaled last year.

Many thanks.

ive not touched one but personally would not hold my breath on anything at that price.imho

You gas safe? Installed many boilers? I have had a lot of experience repairing Halstead boilers ... And they are expensive to maintain! Personally though, as long as you have a clean system, well inhibited, filtered and leak free then most boilers will work admirably. It's when they are full of muck that the problems occur! I may be wrong but i tend to believe that the higher cost boilers are designed to better tolerate poor installation! :)

Hi all
No not gas safe and will not be installing, budget is tight, have had no trouble with the boiler that is installed at the moment just the kettling issue which was dealt with last year until now, have had magna clean fitted, I think boiler that is advertized is a older model being replaced by newer model according to glen dimplex website.

Many thanks

You can get a far better boiler supplied and fitted for that IMHO. I'm not local but I'm sure there's someone here that could offer you a good deal.

imho id be tempted to try and save a few more hundred and go for somehting better.

buy cheap you buy twice even with warranty i would expect you to be ahving a few cold baths/nights

The only thing they do is keep us warm and suply constant hot water when we need it! Otherwise they're pointless!!!!

Often the opinion of materialism! ALAS!!! IMO

We think nothing of spending £400 for an electronic gadget that'll keep our kids happy for a year or two yet question spending anything but the least on keeping ourselves warm for a decade or two ..... strange that? *sigh*

Worcester 18ri with flue and me fitting it you'd get change out of your budget.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Is it fully decorated? / can you get at the...
Replies
Views
Thank you very much for those details. We're...
Replies
Views
You will need a check valve to stop reverse...
2 3
Replies
Views
Thanks for both replies - so the search is on...
Replies
Views
Under the Energy Price Cap rates from 1...
Replies
Views
Back