Timer is off but boiler is still operating!! | Boilers | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Timer is off but boiler is still operating!! in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

I don't know which Worcester boiler you have but if I had to take a educated guess I would say you have slight wiring issue just mention it to the installer these can often be missed, but those motorised valves are also sometimes temperamental? It's a process of elimination I'm afraid. Regards kop

thank you!
should i mention or remind this "if the external controls are not complete at the time the boiler is installed" to the installer?
No, you'll probably just end up confusing the issue. I was just trying to explain what I thought a control link is (and ready to be shot down if my understanding was wrong).

I don't know which Worcester boiler you have but if I had to take a educated guess I would say you have slight wiring issue just mention it to the installer these can often be missed, but those motorised valves are also sometimes temperamental? It's a process of elimination I'm afraid. Regards kop
Thank you again for your reply!
I searched my quote record, the boiler is Worcester Bosch Greenstar 30Kw Ri SEDBUK.
I will mention " slight wiring issue" to the installer for his reference! Thanks for this reminder!

This issue (timer is off but boiler still operating) happened on Monday, but Tuesday and Wednesday were normal; But Thursday night happened again that boiler could not stopped working even if timber was off, then Saturday and today are normally so far.

So the problem is like intermittent, not all the time. That's why the installer came on Wednesday having a brief check and said nothing wrong... but Thursday night it happened again.

I agree with you very much that this is "a process of elimination", I hope when the installer comes again he would do the check process carefully, rather than quickly announce all good but later it happens again...

Do you have 240v on the oranges if you do you need to separate them being careful as one will be live and then retest to see which one is always on eg 240v on orange then once you’ve found the one follow it back to the same brown one in the cable then test does that have 240v if you do you have another fault if you don’t the port valve micro switch is stuck

Do you have 240v on the oranges if you do you need to separate them being careful as one will be live and then retest to see which one is always on eg 240v on orange then once you’ve found the one follow it back to the same brown one in the cable then test does that have 240v if you do you have another fault if you don’t the port valve micro switch is stuck
Thank you very much Shaun!
All those are to test the motorised valve? I need to open it up and test inside?

Tests from the wiring centre

Follow the port valve wires eg the black ones should lead to a 12-14 way choc block strip or wiring centre

That’s a wiring diagram for your system

Attachments

• 34CEA306-338B-4C4F-AF83-25680F1A6B4F.gif
    34CEA306-338B-4C4F-AF83-25680F1A6B4F.gif
    57.6 KB · Views: 16

Similar plumbing topics

Yeah I think Ill have a Hive thermostat in...
Replies
Views
C
You could prob have two circuits joined by a...
Replies
Views
Not if the cylinder is already satisfied, and...
2 3
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
If this is your model, some of your questions...
Replies
Views
That means you have a leak as the system...
Replies
Views
Back