To sign or not? | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss To sign or not? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaydebruyne

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
You think vans that are signed are broken into more than unsigned vans?

Tbh these days any van is at risk

I would say there more likely to break into non sign written vans just to have a look

Tbh these days any van is at risk

I would say there more likely to break into non sign written vans just to have a look

Crackheads got my firm van this morning and got my parking money £60 little effers!! I think I know who it is too cos they tried to nick my gag of copper from the front on my flat inside our gated courtyard.. they left 2 satnavs.. I'd rather they stole those then my parking stash lol now I gotta go bank again

Strange you should post this Jay , we are having major problems up here with scrotes bending the side loading doors open with there bare hands. My van is sign written and personally I think any tradesmans van is a target. The sign writting is still on mine but I dont think I would do it again , but you have to balance out the fact that a sign written van looks better when drawing up to a customer's house . Its a tricky one !!

Strange you should post this Jay , we are having major problems up here with scrotes bending the side loading doors open with there bare hands. My van is sign written and personally I think any tradesmans van is a target. The sign writting is still on mine but I dont think I would do it again , but you have to balance out the fact that a sign written van looks better when drawing up to a customer's house . Its a tricky one !!

I know what you mean.. think I'm gonna get a tuffbox van box, I've had slam locks fitted too which are safer then deadbolts as it disables the van handles and bypasses central locking. End of the day, if somebody wants to get in, they'll get in. No van is c*** proof. Guess you just need to make it secure as poss and hope it don't happen to you! Agee with the sign written van though, looks professional to custards and estate agents love it

I know what you mean.. think I'm gonna get a tuffbox van box, I've had slam locks fitted too which are safer then deadbolts as it disables the van handles and bypasses central locking. End of the day, if somebody wants to get in, they'll get in. No van is c*** proof. Guess you just need to make it secure as poss and hope it don't happen to you! Agee with the sign written van though, looks professional to custards and estate agents love it

Just get decent insurance, as I agree if they want to they will get in

Prof is ours they ram raided the big roller doors (with steal pins ) and then broke into the van

My van is not sign written and was broken into .
I would say certain trades are higher risk however in my case I did have a few bits on show in the front

My van is not sign written and was broken into .
I would say certain trades are higher risk however in my case I did have a few bits on show in the front

Strong boxes have saved me before. Sign written vans, and vans with roof racks or other things that hint at the building trade.
Plain looking courier type vans won't, in my opinion.

Strong boxes have saved me before. Sign written vans, and vans with roof racks or other things that hint at the building trade.
Plain looking courier type vans won't, in my opinion.

Between roof racks and all d bits and pieces in d front these toe rags know d score on what's in d back signs r no signs

I'm ultra paranoid about this. Our vans are stored inside an secret location building which isn't marked up with our company name. The building is on a monitored security alarm with CCTV and all the vans have their own alarms too. I can't really do much more to prevent people finding out about them and nicking them/stuff in them to be honest.

Can't get sensible insurance to cover the cost of them being broken into really so my view is out of sight out of mind.

I'm ultra paranoid about this. Our vans are stored inside an secret location building which isn't marked up with our company name. The building is on a monitored security alarm with CCTV and all the vans have their own alarms too. I can't really do much more to prevent people finding out about them and nicking them/stuff in them to be honest.

Can't get sensible insurance to cover the cost of them being broken into really so my view is out of sight out of mind.

Problem is croft people see them pulling in / out so tbh not worth not having your name on it

Your only stopping the people that don't know the area

If it says plumber or joiner on the side. The toe rags know there's loads of power tools inside.
If it says builder. There's a possibility of a sthil saw, with a broken pull chord and a bucket of old trowels.
For that reason, there's no signwriting on my van. At least then they are taking a guess what's inside.

If it says plumber or joiner on the side. The toe rags know there's loads of power tools inside.
If it says builder. There's a possibility of a sthil saw, with a broken pull chord and a bucket of old trowels.
For that reason, there's no signwriting on my van. At least then they are taking a guess what's inside.

Problem is croft people see them pulling in / out so tbh not worth not having your name on it

Your only stopping the people that don't know the area

Exactly and your employees will eventually blabber where the vans are .

Only so much you can do , i take a the power tools out and hand tools the fittings and lesser items can stay .

A mate of mine empties his tools off, and leaves it unlocked! He reckons it's better not to have to pay for new locks.

A mate of mine empties his tools off, and leaves it unlocked! He reckons it's better not to have to pay for new locks.

Hahaha that's funny.. but whose got time to unload and load the van twice a day! Think I'll just take my most expensive stuff out and hope I don't get done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Thanks matey. :)
Replies
Views
  • Question
It looks like it has been leaking from within...
Replies
Views
Thanks very much. I will have a look on line
Replies
Views
S
Has anyone signed up to the WarmBox boiler...
Replies
Views
Scott Dods
S
Hi there, looking to gain experience as a...
Replies
Views
Back