Todays Strange Meter Connections | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Todays Strange Meter Connections in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

cmarkr

Gas Engineer
I may be being really dumb here, come across this today. ECV basically flush with the floor allthough perfectly accessible. then 2meters of lead pipe going out to the regulator through the meter sat on a shelf, then another GSR has piped 22mm away from it obviously in a strange route. Although clearly this all looks strange/wrong, I cant actually fault anything am i being stupid, it just looks so wrong?

IMG_0267.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0269.JPG
    IMG_0269.JPG
    995.5 KB · Views: 30
Maybe they asked if the meter could be changed then found laterbone they weren’t going to do it etc

Maybe they asked if the meter could be changed then found laterbone they weren’t going to do it etc
Done this job today, and you were bang on the money.... Just couldn't work out wtf was going on when i quoted it.

Do the national grid rectify old lead pipe and move the meter closer to the ECV for free normally? The custy asked if i knew as they hadn't pursued it but i have no idea....

only if its a standard ana away eg swap wont change unless its leaking or unsafe if its like yours

They may reposition that one. They will have to change the regulator and connecting to the lead will be more messing around than dropping the meter to the floor, and using an anaconda if the ECV. Easy to connect the outlet.

Unless there is an issue out of sight

Similar plumbing topics

Couldn’t understand that one
Replies
Views
H
Yup correct, 1960's build. Too late to ask...
Replies
Views
Hohum
H
This thread is over 3 years old but it would...
2 3
Replies
Views
O
Is it basically impossible then ?
Replies
Views
on31ll
O
L
Thank you for your reply and offer to help...
Replies
Views
Back