Toilet flush/drainage problems? | Boilers | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Toilet flush/drainage problems? in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
no.
not from the top, side means side.

Last edited by a moderator:
1395877653670.jpg

If I remember correctly it was like that and coming out of the green tube

A ha got there in the end :) thank you all for your help and comments and special mention to whyme for solving it.
Now guys could you possibly point me in the right direction of solving this? I take it the 20 odd quid I payed for the flapper flush was waste of money then so don't fancy wasting anymore.
Cheers guys

Have a look at Lunns on line, they are not cheap (£65 a pop). Alternatively you could just fit a new toilet.

look at the make of your siphon and see if you can get a similar one as it does look a bit chewed up on the thread and re use the siphon bomb. or change the siphon washer about 20p (clear plastic flap part inside) and put it back together.

hi, i have looked at the syphon waser and while there is a slight slit right by the centre its not a huge split like the ones ive seen on online videos.
yeah was thinking of putting old syphon back with new washer but the problem is when i took it off and due to the tightness of the plastic nut i damage the thread on the syphon so thats going to have to be replaced theres also a slight crack on that white rod the small dounut washer(bomb) goes on so i guess thats going to be replaced too.

so are those links of parts on my previous post the things i can get or are they totaly different parts that i need?
thanks again

not 100% sure a standard siphon can be used with a siphon bomb (somebody should be along to answer that). if they can then just buy a cheap siphon but make sure its the same height as the old one. that siphon bomb should be ok. if you dont get an answer soon start a thread asking just that question. good luck pal.

You might be able to codge a repair but you will only have the same problem again in the future and the parts are likely to get more and more expensive. Why don't you just buy a new toilet (£50-£60) from B&Q or Wickes?

mainly as the toilet goes with bathroom suit and im too s@@@ to change whole thing after the palava ive had

A standard syphon is all that is on siphonic loos. Just put a new syphon in.
I used to fit siphonic loos years ago & have repaired lots of them.
Great toilets.
On your photo of the bomb, I think the small bomb rubber washer is wrong way up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

You have a partial blockage downstream of the...
Replies
Views
The latest Geberit flush valves have an...
Replies
Views
Hello! I was checking something in the toilet...
Replies
Views
Was the new pan fitted with a flexible waste...
Replies
Views
Thank you very much. I had it round the other...
Replies
Views
Back