toilet has bad condensation | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss toilet has bad condensation in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

hi all

am a newbie here looking for some help. ive just been redo are family bathroom, and we fitted a new toilet. ive noticed are toilet sweats really bad at night due to the water being very cold and are house being warm ish, is starting drip pretty bad. not 100% if its a leak yet, because it seens to be fine in the day. how can i stop this problem

thank you

hi all

am a newbie here looking for some help. ive just been redo are family bathroom, and we fitted a new toilet. ive noticed are toilet sweats really bad at night due to the water being very cold and are house being warm ish, is starting drip pretty bad. not 100% if its a leak yet, because it seens to be fine in the day. how can i stop this problem

thank you

It's always worse in winter when the incoming water temp is lower. TBH there is nothing you can do that will stop it except stop using the WC !! When you stop using it the water temp eventually rises to room temp (ambient) so will stop condensing.

Millions of people cope with it everyday in the UK.

ares was not so bad until we got are new toilet, we live on the isle of man, weather sometimes abit colder. am willing to buy a lining kit but cant find them, it was that bad last nite that i thought me son piddled on the floor lol

ares was not so bad until we got are new toilet, we live on the isle of man, weather sometimes abit colder. am willing to buy a lining kit but cant find them, it was that bad last nite that i thought me son piddled on the floor lol

Ive been down this route before and never found anything to stop it - ever. Sorry.

That’s sounds more like a leak. Check the connection into the toilet. Water pressure is normally higher at night when not in use.

It is worth checking what @Harvest Fields has mentioned there. Water pressure is higher at night time (off peak period) generally so things can leak more at those times.
It may just be that there are more flushes and the house is warmer at night and condensation will be an issue. I have some doubts it is just condensation due to you saying 'new toilet' and the old one wasn't as bad, so it is worth checking over.

Better ventilation. Line the inside of Cistern.

Just doing a bathroom now. The condensation is bad but unfortunately it is what it is.

could try a fan with humidistat or pipe to hot water.

The hot waters a joke by the way.

WAtch the video I posted above. Yoga mat of E-Bay and Evo-Stick sanitary silicone.

Sorry but that was simply awful.
IMHO that sort of thing should NOT be promoted on a professional forum such as this because it seriously undermines our integrity by legitimising DIY bodging.

I'll tell you what, that WC's Shukria's are all in line now and I can see the yin and yang in the bathroom is much more even.

However, I think it's a numb idea and will provide a slimy breeding ground for nasty bacteria but that is just my opinion.

Last edited:

I suppose I'm just getting too old :rolleyes:
I'll tell you what, that WC's Shukria's are all in line now and I can see the yin and yang in the bathroom is much more even.

However, I think it's a numb idea and will provide a slimy breading ground for nasty bacteria but that is just my opinion.

Think BREEDING is a little more appropriate than 'loaving' Last :D:D

I’ve seen someone use expanding foam on the inside

Served two purposes

One a water saving eg less water in the cistern

Two didn’t condense when having a shower

I laughed my arse off and walked out

Similar plumbing topics

Plumber replaced the washer in the valve and...
Replies
Views
Good job buddy. Rather than a beer, if you’re...
Replies
Views
E Yes pipe out through the top of the roof, or...
Replies
Views
Aquarius
A
New heating expansion and safety set ?
2 3
Replies
Views
LastPlumber's view makes sense. Anyway this...
Replies
Views
Back