toilet has bad condensation | Boilers | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss toilet has bad condensation in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

A few thoughts:

Train your family to keep the door to the bathroom shut.

Make sure your bathroom's ventilation complies with Building Regulations.

It seems to me that, for some reason, the humidity in your house is too high. (Perhaps 80% from your description of the symptoms.) Check for internal leaks and also any way damp may be getting in from outside, e.g. bad pointing, leaky roof. Don't dry washing on radiators.

Is it not a genuine thing in some parts of Europe to have a blending valve on the cistern feed?
Making 1/2 flush smaller (If you can) and actually using it would help!
Save the big flush for the big jobs.

hi all

am a newbie here looking for some help. ive just been redo are family bathroom, and we fitted a new toilet. ive noticed are toilet sweats really bad at night due to the water being very cold and are house being warm ish, is starting drip pretty bad. not 100% if its a leak yet, because it seens to be fine in the day. how can i stop this problem

thank you

You need a fan with a humidistat, the problem is condensation. I had the same problem and the fan sorted it.

One thing I've not seen anyone mention here is if the flush valve isn't seating right and is letting a small amount of water run down into the pan (assuming it's got an internal overflow as most new ones do), it'll continually be replenishing it and keeping it colder than normal. Have a look at the water in the pan and see if there's any movement from water overflowing in

Positive pressure fan, like Nuaire or Envirovent. Fitted these in tenants properties where they wouldn't use extractor fan. Brilliant, landlords and tenants very pleased with reduction in condensation.

Install a mixing valve to the inlet to the toilet, I made my own with gate valves and check valve and slightly added a touch of hot to blend with cold, so it's never too cold and never too hot.. it's not good practice but it stops the condensation and ruining the floor..
I did this and it worked a treat.
Thinking out of the plumbers box

Similar plumbing topics

Plumber replaced the washer in the valve and...
Replies
Views
Good job buddy. Rather than a beer, if you’re...
Replies
Views
E Yes pipe out through the top of the roof, or...
Replies
Views
Aquarius
A
New heating expansion and safety set ?
2 3
Replies
Views
LastPlumber's view makes sense. Anyway this...
Replies
Views
Back