Toilet pan connector leak - non-standard spigot size? | Boilers | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Toilet pan connector leak - non-standard spigot size? in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like too much side pull creates unwanted pressure on the pan connector seal and it leaks.

Will the hose clamp sort this out? Or is there a better solution?

If you are trying to keep it simple try the latest, new pan connector from McAlpine. It's WC-CON8F18-S-BTW.

mcalpine-wc-con8f-s-btw-90-degree-long-bend-3-1-2-flexible-wc-connector-for-back-to-wall-pan-89733-p.jpg

97-107mm Inlet - 3 1/2"/110mm Outlet
Closed 230mm
Extended 480mm

OK, it doesn’t look pretty but if you are not spending money on moving the 4” pipe going through the wall into the corner and maybe boxing the lot later, you have to leave with what you've got. It’s your call.

Last edited:
Probably is the spigot, a mate of mine had a non stop problem with his toilet doing the same, I looked at it for him and the spigot out of round so connector wasn't getting a good enough seal on it. I stripped it all down for him and used some really strong water resistant sealant. Not ideal but it's done the job and doesn't look a mess. Not sure the same will work for you though if the spigot diameter is odd altogether.

Won't the hose clip sort that out?

I reckon it should, depending on how soft the rubber pipe is under the clip. If the head on the jubilee clip is Hexagon then you might need a socket rather than a screwdriver if the pan spigot if is badly out of round, Just tighten it bit by bit until the leak stops and go gentle at the other end because it`s two soft materials there!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Thank you - very helpful! The old WC is long...
Replies
Views
thanks cjg, noted and we'll be sure to ask
Replies
Views
  • Question
I'm not expecting to do a better job than a...
Replies
Views
Well I can see why you don`t want the muppet...
Replies
Views
HI Thank you for your responses. It's...
Replies
Views
Back