Toilet wont flush solids | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Toilet wont flush solids in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

ethump

Hi all,

Bought a house a couple of years ago. Downstairs toilet flushes but with no 'gusto'. Number two's and toilet paper wont flush away. Water enters the basin but just seems to gurgle rather than be sucked out like the other toilets in the house.

Had several people in looking at and have tried several things but to date, no solution.

1. Had the sewers checked - all OK.
2. Thought it might be a blocked soil pipe. The soil pipe for that toilet routes out through an adjoining property. Installed a durgo valve. No change in flushing.
3. Thought the waste pipe at the back of the toilet might not be allowing the waste to escape. It was at an ever-so slight incline upwards. Raised the whole toiled on a 3" plinth. Waste pipe now flows downhill. No change.
4. Increased from a 4L to a 6L cistern. No change.

I dumped a 3 Gal pan of water straight down the pan -- did not satisfactorily flush.

Other than replacing the toilet itself, I cant think of anything else that can be the problem - anyone have any ideas?

I've uploaded a video of the flush!

[DLMURL]https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByK-THRUEwUXR1lnTl9ZYXdEMmc/view?pli=1[/DLMURL]

Cheers!

Last edited by a moderator:
the first thing i would do is get a mirror and torch then check under the rim for foreign object. the front of the pan is where i would start as there seems not too right!.
plastic bag or black rubber type is what your looking for, have a scrape wirth a bit of wire too!.
does the whole cistern empty?
try a 6ltr container full straight down the pan, does that work?

Toilet cleaner block holder /cage trapped in outlet of pan possibility....regards Turnpin:smile5:

I would also say it may be something stuck within the pan, has it always been like this?

Have you had a camera put down the drain?

There could be numerous reasons why you are not getting decent flow'

Thanks for the responses folks..

Redsaw, yes I will check under rim of pan. Yes the cistern fully empties and I have chucked a 3Gal bucket of water down there. All to no avail.

I think I'll buy one of those USB snake cameras and put it down and see what I see. The plumber had the toilet off several times while undertaking the changes i described - I'd have to think he'd have checked there were no blockages... Still... I'll check for myself..

And my diet is fine, thankyou very much. No floaters. It all goes straight to the bottom.

cheers all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Thanks mate for the reply. Unfortunately the...
Replies
Views
D
"Toilet pan" is UK speak for "Toilet bowl"...
Replies
Views
Use a spirit-level to check that the pan has...
Replies
Views
Clogging is the number one cause of toilets...
2 3
Replies
Views
C
Advice would be very much appreciated. We...
Replies
Views
C
Back