Too charge or not to charge. | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Too charge or not to charge. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just out the door Phil, I`ll reply later around 9pm

I already have people on the way.

This is our industries equivalent of the car that runs on water being suppressed by big Oil.

How are merchants going to make a living if we can't sell you bulk packs of useless O rings?

I'm afraid rpm is going to have to meet with an unfortunate accident on the way home.

Shame, he was a nice chap. I quite liked him. Still, its just business, nothing personal.

dont know what you lot mess about with!.

just give 2 prices, one for repair attempt and one for new tap fitting exc tap.

if they go for the repair just charge them the £95 and that will be the last you hear so must have worked ok and if not you loose nothing £ ;)
win win

i have a box of those 'o' rings- they dont fit either. lol. theres imperial and metric btw!

I already have people on the way.

This is our industries equivalent of the car that runs on water being suppressed by big Oil.

How are merchants going to make a living if we can't sell you bulk packs of useless O rings?

I'm afraid rpm is going to have to meet with an unfortunate accident on the way home.

Shame, he was a nice chap. I quite liked him. Still, its just business, nothing personal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DckrYRSsUA

ha ha ha yes....

No need to have RPM involved in a tragic accident!
I will spill the beans on how you make O rings, - they are cut and glued together, believe it or not!

Sorry Ray I made it home in one piece. lol

No need to have RPM involved in a tragic accident!
I will spill the beans on how you make O rings, - they are cut and glued together, believe it or not!

There`s always one waiting to pi$$ on your bonfire eh? lol

But Best is correct, it is as easy as that providing you know a) the liquid concerned, b) the i/d, c) the o/d and d) width of the seat plus you need a keen eye and a steady hand.

I get quite a lot of calls about taps always say get a new set less hassle and most go with that.

Cant understand why bother repairing them , kinda like saying can you repair my starting motor ,,,,wouldn't happen in most cases.

I get quite a lot of calls about taps always say get a new set less hassle and most go with that.

Cant understand why bother repairing them , kinda like saying can you repair my starting motor ,,,,wouldn't happen in most cases.

I agree with this as most taps now are cheap and not really designed to be serviced, and all the old ones that can be serviced are too corroded to get apart without damage

As above, the days of repairing taps are over. Which reminds me, I must throw out my re seating tool.
I always tell people that I can't guarantee repairs, only new taps.

There is a shop in Leicester which sells nothing but starter motors!
Ancient looking shop full of motors with a couple of Indian chaps doing the repairs
They wanted twice as much as I could get a new one for on the net. The new one has lasted over a year so far....

Well I went back and it was an absolute pig.

There was a plastic nut underneath connected to a brass nut and where the tap had been leaking for so long it had rusted on and seized so I couldn't get any thing on it to try and move it.

I had to take a drill to it so took me 2 hours to do it and charged for 1 only and said to him that I deducted the 1st hour off as my repair didn't work.

Haha I wish. People look at me like I've got 3 heads when I charge £40.00 for the first hour.

I'm putting my foot down here, repairing taps is very profitable for me, the labour charges are nearly the same for swapping a kitchen tap or repairing it. I carry a huge Makita 452 case full for spare cartridges and headgears.
The more we chuck out newish taps the more the manufacturers will make them even nastier thinking well if plumbers aren't going to try and repair them we'll reduce out quality even more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
There's no leaks anywhere above it. The water...
Replies
Views
J
  • Question
Hi, did you ever solve this problem? You...
Replies
Views
S
hi! I'll try to upload a picture but the pipe...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
  • Question
I agree it's hard to know when you're buying a...
Replies
Views
Id say recal at that price....as soon as it...
Replies
Views
Back