tool box or bag? | Plumbing Tools | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss tool box or bag? in the Plumbing Tools area at Plumbers Forums

Festool systainer with bespoke tool insert - best toolbox I've ever had.
If your doing allot of running around and long walks to site in the city etc then rucksacks rule.

just my opinion

I prefer the tool box because it holds more and keeps any rain off the tools. I use a large Stanley Plumbers tool box.
When I say tool box, I mean cloth type with plastic base & reinforcing, - never a metal old fashioned box as they will damage door frames etc if you hit any.
I do some outside work, often external oil boilers, so I need a weatherproof box, unlike you gas guys who get nice easy dry work.
The open tote bag is handier though.

Last edited:
Every tote bag I have I end up just throwing everything in there and they break after a short time as they get too heavy, and it's too easy to just throw everything in without any organisation so takes ages to find anything.

i have tool boxes to store gas tools, tote to put hammers and special tools-torch etc. but, i recon i am the only one who still uses a bass bag for van to door stuff! easy to evacuate the job site as well.lol
think customers like to see traditional plumber especially the older ones!

i want a nice suitcase for service work on gas and for my fga etc, havent got the cash at present though

My FGA/Manometer and other goodies are all in a Dewalt ds150 waterproof and you can drive over it with the van DSC_0574.jpg

Ive got many tools multiple tools of one in different box's bags and places

- Stanley tool box with all my plumbing stuff
- Racco open box/tote with all my soldering gear
- forge steel box with surf that I hardly use and extra consumables and such
-Stanley tool bag with smaller bags In that like (wood chisels/electric screwdrivers and cutters/bacho ratchet set/ring spanner roll and then spare hammer and pry bar and other junk that gets lashed in
Then all my drills and power tools are in the van vault in box's
Ive got 3 ds150 cases one for gas tools one for drill and impact with all the bits and one for sds+bits then all my other drills and grinders in the vault

I've found half the time I just take what I need out of the box's/bags into the job,
But if its a bigger job I bring most of my box's/bags into the job

Mine looks a lot like this but with plumbing tools. Grips olive cutter, LDF etc
images.jpeg
Got bigger box for power tools, smaller one for soldering kit and briefcase sized one with foam for fga

They all slot together and i mix and match depending on the job

Last edited:

Similar plumbing topics

D
  • Question
Has the world gone crazy, tool prices So, a...
Replies
Views
Dustydazzler
D
  • Question
Tap spanner/box spanner works in a pinch.
Replies
Views
V
  • Question
It could be but I can't see how it would be as...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Went with both options, my new bacho wide grip...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Not the approved way but....either grab the...
Replies
Views
Back