tool box or bag? | Plumbing Tools | Page 3 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss tool box or bag? in the Plumbing Tools area at Plumbers Forums

For all the regular copper fittings like 15/22 elbows, tees, couplers etc I use a Stanley tote with a detachable organiser on it as I can fit blow lamp, solder, flux and fire extinguisher underneath.

Saves carrying 2 boxes around the house.

Thanks what about organisers for copper fittings? Stanley ones?
Yes, an absolute must have

http://NoLinkingToThis/p/stanley-3-in-1-tool-organiser/14471?filtered=true

One box fits all my 15 and 22mm endfeed in assorted order, two rolls of solder, tub of flux and brush drain off cocks. If I was gona take one toolbag/box to a desert island it would be it.

Last edited:
Yes, an absolute must have

http://NoLinkingToThis/p/stanley-3-in-1-tool-organiser/14471?filtered=true

One box fits all my 15 and 22mm endfeed in assorted order, two rolls of solder, tub of flux and brush drain off cocks. If I was gona take one toolbag/box to a desert island it would be it.
I like the look of that.

i recon i am the only one who still uses a bass bag for van to door stuff! easy to evacuate the job site as well.lol
think customers like to see traditional plumber especially the older ones!

For the benefit of us youngsters - what is a bass bag? I've not heard of one so can't know if I'd like one or not!

Do you mean this: https://toolzonetools.co.uk/product/carpentry/toolbag/toolzone-36-jute-bass-tool-bag.ashx ?

Only bag I regularly use is for my pipe bender, though I occasionally use any old bag (even a Coop bag for life) if I'm carrying stuff that doesn't have a box it lives in and it gets the site cleared up more quickly. Though I dislike bags - everything you want ends up at the bottom and they fall over too much.

Last edited:
How do most people store fittins in the back of the van? haven't seen an endfeed bucket for awhile

Until I end up making myself proper racking and bespoke boxes (I'm still not quite busy enough that I can say this is a waste of my time), I have a shoe box for copper fittings, with grip seal bags with the individual types of fittings, a box for hep, one for waste, a box for clips, a larger box for valves, siphons etc, and a box for other. Plus a cheap Stanley organiser for certain items such as seals and whatever else it says on the label I've stuck on it.

At least I don't keep them in plastic bags strewn all over the van floor - though I have worked alongside people that do. It would drive me bonkers.

Following on from my vote for open tool bags and considering my comment of you tend to fill it with crap at the end of jobs - I did my weekly(ish) sorting of my bag, it's been particularly heavy the last couple of days.

Bag.jpg

Here's what was in it, I didn't even work on Monday or Wednesday this week due to other commitments...

Contents.jpg

And I wonder why my right arm is like Popeyes and my left arm is like Olive Oyls ;)

I emptied both of my tool boxes this weekend.

My service kit is 10 times lighter. I took 2 float valves out 3 prvs and loads of other carp!

My install box I took about 6 Mtrs of pipe ranging from 1" to about a foot! So I've decided I may as well use my open tote again.

Until I end up making myself proper racking and bespoke boxes (I'm still not quite busy enough that I can say this is a waste of my time), I have a shoe box for copper fittings, with grip seal bags with the individual types of fittings, a box for hep, one for waste, a box for clips, a larger box for valves, siphons etc, and a box for other. Plus a cheap Stanley organiser for certain items such as seals and whatever else it says on the label I've stuck on it.

At least I don't keep them in plastic bags strewn all over the van floor - though I have worked alongside people that do. It would drive me bonkers.

Buy fittings buckets I use the buckets for all sorts of odds and ends. I have racked out my can just need to sort something for my steps then I think I will be happy.

I use different things for different tools..

one rollaround is brass and copper spares the other is mainly Hep20 etc.. then power tools in other rollarounds

Tools01.jpg

Tools02.jpg

Last edited:

Similar plumbing topics

D
  • Question
Has the world gone crazy, tool prices So, a...
Replies
Views
Dustydazzler
D
  • Question
Tap spanner/box spanner works in a pinch.
Replies
Views
V
  • Question
It could be but I can't see how it would be as...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Went with both options, my new bacho wide grip...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Not the approved way but....either grab the...
Replies
Views
Back